Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
CDR Produced files INCOMPATIBLE with PDR
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Here's an odd thing...

I have a series of clips shot on a dull day bushwalk, so I thought I'd start by giving them all a lift in CDR before using them in a project. The videos were shot on Canon XA20, using only the internal mics... AVC MTS 1920x1080/50fps @ 28Mbps, with PCM audio.

After adjustment, each clip was produced in CDR to the default profile AVC 1920x1080/50fps (28Mbps) using HA. All good, except they show up in PDR as audio only files! surprised They're not, because they play correctly in various media players.

Using the same profile in CDR without HA, the clips are compatible with PDR. Switching the audio to LPCM and using HA, the clips are fine in PDR too.

The side-by-side MediaInfo reports are attached. I can't see anything that would suggest that the first clip wouldn't be compatible with PDR.

If you have any interest, you can test with this *original clip* from the XA20. Yes - that's the internal mics only. For the botanists, those plants are Xanthorrhoea australis - common name "Grass Tree" or "Black Boy"

Pretty weird that a video produced in one CL product isn't compatible in another!

Obviously, the solution is to (a) uncheck HA or (b) customise the profile to use LPCM audio. Does anyone have any clues?

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - CDR Produce MediaInfo.png]
 Filename
CDR Produce MediaInfo.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
239 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
90 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Pretty weird that a video produced in one CL product isn't compatible in another!

One product with another, not even a single product.

Quote: 1) Many H.264 M2TS higher resolution profiles when produced with HA produce as music, noted by several in several posts, PD13 and PD14 issue.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45534.page#235081

One of the beta patches for PD14 says it corrected the issue.

Jeff
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Jeff - why didn't you tap me on the shoulder yesterday? laughing

You're right - installing the latest 2214 beta patch corrected the problem. I was put off installing beta patches when PiP Designer started screwing up the aspect ratio.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!