Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Smartsound Music background pieces.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello everyone.

My access(when off-line) to Smartsound is somewhat limited. Some "tracks" are readily accessable but a great many more are not. Is there a fee for downloading any of these otherwise inaccessable "tracks" as I have no way of paying for same outside the use of an international money order(Western Union). I'm no miser, but I am trying to keep unnecessary costs down for my video hobby.

I'm qute curious to find some answers here.

Cheers!

Neil
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Neil -

PDR comes equipped with an installed album. I think it's Core Foundations - http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/library/Core+Foundations/ - if that's the case, those tracks will be blue & bold.

When you purchase albums or tracks, they'll become blue & bold too. Tracks you haven't purchased are listed in white & you can download a preview.

If you don't want to automatically download the previews you can switch that off in SmartSound preferences.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, Tony!

I saw the titles shown in "Blue & Bold", clicking on the titles showed only some to reveal content(theme variants), others appeared empty. I think I'm going to rely only on what's already there IF it suits my purpose, otherwise I'll use my library of MP3 audio tracks.(mainly instrumental hits, like Mason Williams' "Classical Gas" for instance). I don't see my work ever being posted onto YouTube, likely the clips I produce will only go to DVD, to be viewed by family or friends.

Cheers!

Neil.
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Neil. YouTube will sometimes hassle you for using music like Classical Gas. At minimum, you can get a popup ad on your video, which can ruin the mood for viewers. Heck, YouTube will sometimes do that even to SmartSound tracks.

If you ever decide that you'd like to be able to share videos over the internet, I would suggest a Vimeo account. There's less of that BS there.

Kevin
moisesmcardona [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Oct 23, 2012 11:48 Messages: 167 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi, Neil. YouTube will sometimes hassle you for using music like Classical Gas. At minimum, you can get a popup ad on your video, which can ruin the mood for viewers. Heck, YouTube will sometimes do that even to SmartSound tracks.

If you ever decide that you'd like to be able to share videos over the internet, I would suggest a Vimeo account. There's less of that BS there.

Kevin

In the case you receive a copyright notice for using SmartSound music, you can look who claimed the music. Usually it is either The Orchard Music or Getty Images Music. If the claim is from Orchard music, an email to them with a link to your youtube video is what you need to do so they clear the claim. If it is from Getty Images Music, just dispute the claim in YouTube providing a link to the SmartSound license found in the website, then they will clear the claim. I've been doing this for a long time now and never had an issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 30. 2015 09:42

Main Machine: Jetway NF9G-QM77, Intel i7-3610QM, Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 3GB, 128gb SSD, Windows 10 Pro
Secondary Machine: Lenovo Y510p, Intel i7-4700MQ 2.4Ghz, 2x nVidia GT750M, 500GB SSHD, Windows 10 Education
visit http://moisescardona.video
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the information. I'd say if you have to do that, it's an issue; certainly more of an issue than simply putting the video on Vimeo.

The incident that really ticked me off was when my uncle died last year. In the hours after he passed, I spent much of the night putting together a video tribute so it would be up and available for our large extended family to watch in the morning. I was really pleased with how it turned out---only to have YouTube put its ad on the video and totally destroy the mood. Yes, you can click and get rid of the ad. But by then, it has become an unwanted distraction.

I hurried up and posted it on Vimeo (which I should have done in the first place), and the family really liked it.

I just wish there were a simple way to, once and for all, get YouTube to understand that I am a SmartSound customer and just leave me alone.

Kevin
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
There is quite a lot of music available on the internet, some for free.
You can visit my site (in my signature) and I have collected a good number of links to A/V assets. I think you'll like what you find. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi everyone!

For me the question has become somewhat "academic". Like I said in my post of 29/10/2015, "I don't see my work ever being posted onto YouTube, likely the clips I produce will only go to DVD, to be viewed by family or friends." In fact, I've NEVER posted on YouTube. Tried getting a channel up, but never used it, or never got to use it. As they say, "use it or lose it!", likely it's been deleted by now.

Cheers anyhow!

Neil.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
For those members who wish to "step up" their audio track with Magic Music, I'll say that Magic Music is the puny nickname for Smartsound, a truly amazing program, or set of programs, if you will, as each song is programmable within PowerDirector to fit your time-frame and mood. Smartsound Toot

There exists a "parent" program from Smartsound that can alter not just the length of the music, and style, but also the instruments used, as well as the timing/tempo. It is called SonicFire Pro and it can utilize SS files, as well as many other "normal" formats of audio files, complete with a preview window of your rendered project (you must do that yourself, there is no integration within PD). SFPro will make you feel like a composer, and in a way you will be one, the control is phenominal and BIG TIME Producers use it.

Yes, I know it costs some $$, but you already have SOME files included in PD, if you buy SFPro you get a collection of songs with it included. All the new songs will be available in your PD Magic Music UI also! If you watch sales and get on their mailing list you can get a deal a few times a year. Here is a link to some free Smartsound music http://www.smartsound.com/royalty-free-music/free.html/ and here is a link to free Youtube samples Youtube give aways

This is Pro Level material, plus it's a blast to use, I export my completed audio track, with sound FX included, to a WAV file, bring that into my PD project, and I'll sit back to enjoy the audio fruits of my labor. I just felt the need to defend a stellar program and let folks know they can get around the pricing a little with some patience.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 10. 2016 17:08

HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT