Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
RESOLVED: Burning Several Produced CLips onto One DVD
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
The simple question is: Can I burn several different Produced 'version' or settings on to the same DVD to compare Produced production's video quality regarding resolution? (the rest below is rambling - I do apologize)

I will try this to see if is possible - but any input is appreciated.

I know that I am limited in my ability to burn the offerings that are available in PD13 - but I want to see if I can burn a few different Produced clips onto the same DVD. The purpose is to view the DVD - compare what Produced settings are what I am satisfied with as far as resolution in the final DVD.

I know that I will be limited to whatever my current computer drive is capable of burning and that I will not be able to burn H264 - still I want to see if I can tell the difference of a few of the offered Produced settings and if raising the bitrate is something I can see the difference in the video quality as viewed from my TV as played on the current DVD player.

I KNOW that my player is ancient and my burner, previously mentioned, is limited... but... I must try! The 'Finance Officer' here (aka 'the Wife') has not authorized the purchase of the LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner - yet! This is near the top of the list as with a Blu-Ray DVD player and then getting some Blu-Ray DVD discs to burn a new project on to.

Probably will do this sort of comparison after the new burned and DVD player are procured also.

Thanks,

CS

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 28. 2015 17:07

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
I'm thinking you can place all those clips on a new timeline, create a menu to select them, and burn a disc.

Usually, I can see the differences just by playing the files.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2015 11:47

Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I've got some serious OLD equipment issues I think. Need to get that disc drive in the computer and a blu-ray player.
So, when the financial officer gives the 'nod', I'll see if it makes the difference I'm seeing.

CS

PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
when I want to compare I burn to 'Create folder' and play it from there, and as Myk say: usually, I can see the differences just by playing the files.
Playing from PC I even can Watch both at same time by playing the files in two different viewers. PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
CS2014
[Post New]
Thanks Anja and Myk for the responses.

I've just copied the produced file onto a flash drive and am able to insert this into my TV. The difference in the resolution of the flash drive produced file and the DVD are significant!!! THe resolution is SOOOO much better in the flash drive version of the clip.

Just a MPEG2 1920x1080 60i 32Mbps 30fps clip... but I CAN SEE IT .. sooo easily.

THIS IS what I am looking for when I burn a DVD and it's clear that I need new and upgraded hardware.

More production will NOT improved my results - its just an old DVD player and an old computer drive burner I think.

Thanks for the responses guys.

CS

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2015 17:02

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks Anja and Myk for the responses.

I've just copied the produced file onto a flash drive and am able to insert this into my TV. The difference in the resolution of the flash drive produced file and the DVD are significant!!! THe resolution is SOOOO much better in the flash drive version of the clip.

Just a MPEG2 1920x1080 60i 32Mbps 30fps clip... but I CAN SEE IT .. sooo easily.

THIS IS what I am looking for when I burn a DVD and it's clear that I need new and upgraded hardware.

More production will NOT improved my results - its just an old DVD player and an old computer drive burner I think.

Thanks for the responses guys.

CS

I think you are missing the fundamental issue of a standard DVD Video disc. These are restricted in acceptable format. You can't just go putting anything on a DVD for standard playback in a standalone player. The DVD must conform to a standard. What PD does is take whatever quality video is in the timeline and for a standard HQ DVD, PD converts everything to MPEG2, 720x480 (for NTSC region), ~8.3Kbps, that in no way will ever look like a MPEG2 1920x1080 60i 32Mbps 30fps clip. You have a fraction of the framesize and a fraction of the bitrate.

Jeff
CS2014
[Post New]
I finally understand that now Jeff. Thanks.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB