Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Just installed PD14 Ultra Hope it's permanent
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, all!

I just got Power Director today and installed same(PD14 Ultra), had a job getting the product key right, even after several attempts and double-, triple- and even quadruple-checking, told me the key was still invalid but opened up to give the registration box, which I duly filled out and successfully lodged. Hoping all is fine. Still have Disc 2's contents to load in yet. Will do that momentarily.

Just opened briefly, product has been activated! ALL SYSTEMS GO!

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 21. 2015 21:17

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Good luck Neil! You can DO IT! lol

Once you get it installed, I had quite a learning curve and am still not a 'master' of PD but it appears to be a really good video editing program.

There are some really great people on here, all volunteering their time to help others. So please, if you have any issues, create a thread and I'm sure any issue you may have, can be resolved.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, CS!

One or two things I would've liked carried over from PD8 is the ability to copy/paste transitions. In PD7 then PD8, I could use the fade transition, set it to say, 5 seconds, copy and paste it the each spot where transitions were required, once in place, I could then go along and substitute a more elaborate transition effect, effectively using the "fade" as a seat-warmer for the more elaborate effect.

Snipping the clips is another trick I'm going to have to learn to do differently, though the new process allows me to trim more closely than was previously possible. I like to trim clips right back to exact minute/second times by deleting "spare" frames. I can now trim back to within one frame where previously the closest I could get was 3 frames(e.g., if a clip ran 3 min, 2 secs and 2 frames, I had to cut back a whole second plus the two frames, whereas now I can just chop off the two unwanted frames). The other thing is, having to save titles as:....., I'd rather be able to simply use them once without having to save them. I guess I'll learn a way around that in time. It's going to be a bit of a learning curve, that's for sure, but I'm up and running, that's the main thing.

Cheers!

Neil.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 22. 2015 01:34

CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
And the thing about working with numbers of frames, as far as trimming goes, the work environment you are in, the FPS environment - 30 , 60, 25, etc.... this will affect how long of a duration each frame runs too - just be aware.

Good luck.

CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi, CS!

Yep, I'm fully aware of how trimming the frames works, whichever frame rate is used, the same idea still applies, trim out spare frames, counting back to the exact point of so many minutes and seconds exactly. I've been editing my sids this way for some time now.

Cheers!

Neil.