Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interesting quirk with transitions
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Whilst working on my latest edit I noticed an odd quirk with the manipulation of transitions. I had placed fade transitions at the the end of one clip and the start of the next to create a fade-through-black and then placed audio constant-power transitions on the audio track to fade the audio out and in.

I then decided to replace the constant-power transitions with constant-gain ones so started to delete the audio transitions. I found that I could select and delete the right-hand audio transition leaving the video fade in place but when I selected the left-hand audio transition and deleted it the video transition was also deleted.

This wasn't a serious problem as I just re-inserted the relevant transitions but I thought this behaviour was a bit inconsistent to say the least.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2015 16:28

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
I've seen somewhat the same.

What I note is that if the independent audio and video transitions are applied to the beginning of a clip they remain independent and independently adjustable/removable. However, when the same is done to the end of a clip, initially they are independent, once applied though, you can't select either independently anymore with just a basic mouse click. They are a set. You see that in your "LH Audio Transition Selected" pic, hard to see, but both video and audio track transition is selected.

You can get around the anomaly by using the "Ctrl" key mouse click to really select either the audio or video transition for the end of clip transitions. The "Ctrl" also works for the beginning transition clip but you don't need it.

Your right, I say it's consistently inconsistent. This anomaly was correct at PD11 but since PD12 has operated in this strange way.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 19. 2015 17:43

Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Jeff,

Yes, you're right. After posting I noticed it behaving exactly as you describe with the transitions applied to the last clip of the timeline as a fade-out and to the first clip as a fade-in.

I'll try to remember to use the Ctrl/click in future.

Another interesting little quirk is that when you first apply the audio transitions they appear on the timeline with their thumbnail graphics but the next time the project is loaded that disappears. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64