Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Substituting slideshow background images
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
In the "normal" PD download a user can substitute their own background images in slideshows, not just the ones DESIGNED to accept user-backgrounds, but you can also do it by slipping the image into the proper program folder. Let's face it, some of those need to be replaced to suit other themes.

Can this user-hack be done with the LIVE version of PD without screwing the pooch? HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Barry -

As far as I understand the way the LIVE version works, I couldn't see any problem substituting those images in the template folders.

To be honest, I haven't tested it but I'd be confident it would function just as the "normal" version does. After all - the software, and all its templates & sub-folders are on your PC - right? It's not like you're trying to access resources online.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!