Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 and the amazing disappearing "view all" tool!
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Here's an easy one. I had noticed that once in a while the "view entire timeline" tool was missing when I was editing. At first I thought it was removed from PD14, but it was there when I started other projects and I almost forgot about the issue.

I saw it again in a new project just now. I couldn't replicate the problem in a new project, but I did manage to preserve the behavior in an empty project with just the sample clips in the media library.

The sample clips didn't cause the problem, but after deleting all my clips from the timline and library I found I had to put something in the library to keep PD from trying to load my first clip, even though I had deleted it from the project. Maybe that's a clue for CL to investigate.

Anyway, here's what the issue looks like (with the original files - the attached project has an empty timeline):

I'd like to know if anyone else who downloads and opens the attached project will see the same thing, or if it's something that only happens on my machine.

EDIT: this project was saved with v2130, but the problem also occurs in v2109.
 Filename
disappearing view all tool.pds
[Disk]
 Description
broken project
 Filesize
9 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
426 time(s)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 12. 2015 03:30

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Yep - same here optodata.

At first I thought the timeline might need to be poulated to a certain duration - NO

Then I thought it might be related to the level of timeline expansion - NO

That's a broken project. I've never seen it before - but then my eyesight's a bit wobbly. I've been known to split a clip when I just wanted to "view entire movie"... but sssshhhh - don't tell the others laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi optodata,
I have passed the information onto CyberLink, your video and pds file will help a lot.
Dafydd
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Dafydd!

While we're at it, unfortunately I have a couple of sequels. Here's PD14 and the Schizophrenic Cursor:

This seems to occur mainly with control panel apps and installation screens, and it's present with nVidia drivers 353.62 and the latest 358.50. Those represent to full range of Win10 drivers, but I don't know if the issue is related to the video driver, the specific codecs I've installed (for the Win10 AVI fix) of if it's something directly with the Screen Recorder program.

Speaking of SR, we also have Screen Recorder and the Glutonous WMV Encoder:

For reference, when recording to MP4 (software or HW), the usage is in the low 20% range for similar recordings. This issue is also present across the range of Win10 nVidia drivers on my system, and there's no way the computer can do anything useful with SR using so much of the CPU's resources cry

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Optodata,
I had a video from CyberLink, then I looked at your video and after scratching my head, I looked at the pds file. I saw what the saved pds displayed but by expanding the track options the "view entire movie" icon displays. The icon displays all the time for me.

I'll take a look at the other two videos now
Dafydd