Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Is it worth going from 8 to 10?
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I just bought a new ASUS DVD burner (Mdl# DRW-24B1ST-2.

The provided installation disc includes Power2Go 8. I'm currently using ImgBurn (Owned by my church)

What do you think is the biggest advantage to upgrading from 8 to 10?

Thank you for your time,

Joe CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just bought a new ASUS DVD burner (Mdl# DRW-24B1ST-2.

The provided installation disc includes Power2Go 8. I'm currently using ImgBurn (Owned by my church)

What do you think is the biggest advantage to upgrading from 8 to 10?

Thank you for your time,

Joe

There is not a simple answer. What you got with the burner is an OEM piece of software. It does not have all the bells and whistles that the commercial program has. You may also have a program that gives you everything for a short time and then revers to the limited version.

What have you used it for or what would you like to use it for? I know you own PowerDirector ? Version) so some of what is there may be redundant.

Look at this chart to see what is in version 9 and version 10.

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/power2go-platinum/compare_en_US.html

I have Power 2Go10 but seldom use it (now that PowerDirector can make and burn ISO files). Your use may be different. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Power2go 10 has a trial that one can download and try out for free. Power2go 9 platinum is given away by cyberlink. You can google for it. The full versions do a lot more like create dvd with menus, etc. You can do some of the things without powerdirector if you want it to be simple and fast.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 13. 2015 20:38