Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transferring projects between computers
BrianMitchell108 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 07:27 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I recently found an old unfinished project on my desktop computer which was compiled using PowerDirector 9. I would like to finish it using my new PowerDirector 14. Is there a way to transfer it to my laptop? And what would be the most efficient way to do that?
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I recently found an old unfinished project on my desktop computer which was compiled using PowerDirector 9. I would like to finish it using my new PowerDirector 14. Is there a way to transfer it to my laptop? And what would be the most efficient way to do that?
Does the PD 9 unfinished project have all of the files in a single folder? If so you can Copy that Folder to your new computer, open the PD 9 Project (.pds) in PD 14 and continue your work.

The only problem you may have is if you used some 'stuff' in PD 9 that is no longer in PD 14. (downloads from director zone, effects, transitions, Custom Titles, Etc.).

If you have a Packed Project Materials from PD 9, that would be idea. You would have everything you need to work with the Project in PD 14.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Oct 09. 2015 15:07

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.