Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT what makes it work? Or not?
BrianMitchell108 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 07:27 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
What are the conditions that will allow SVRT to work, or not? I recently used .m2ts files from my Canon Legria HF G25 in PowerDirector and when SVRT is selected NO profiles become available. Is it something to do with the files or the graphics card, cpu, or what? Since the SPEED of rendering is a major selling point for the software, what is the use of such a feature if it doesn't actually work? undecided

I am using PowerDirector 14, my system settings are...

Toshiba Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz 2.4GHz

8.00GB RAM

64bit operating system (Windows 10)

AMD Radeon R7 M260

Intel HD Graphics 5500

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Oct 08. 2015 04:55

JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Click the "?" upper right hand corner of PD and then "SVRT Rules", that gives you the basics when working right.

For Canon, often the pref > Produce > Allow SVRT on single..... is advantageous for maintaining SVRT throughout the timeline depending on what edits have been applied.

Jeff
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
I don't have a "sample" video to work with. It would be useful if you attach a 5 second sample video for members to utilize and test please.
I use MediInfo to analyze a video clip (for SVRT manual template creation) so it would be worth you using a similar program to look at your clip - and make sure you opt for the right template. You can also select "Intelligent SVRT" to generate a template for you.
Many of us manually tweak the Profile.ini file and create a more suited profile.
Let us have a sample and we'll assist you better.
My guess is you've not checked out the Intelligent SVRT option in Produce.
Dafydd
[Post New]
Dafydd B ... Yes I have used the option 'Intelligent SVRT', in fact the video below used exactly that. But my holiday project which uses a number of 'mts' files shot over 1 week with the Canon camera mentioned above wont do it as can be seen from the included video. I have included an attached file, a shot of a rum n' raisin ice cream. The clip is 6 seconds long. All the clips in my project are of the same quality taken with the same camera. I appreciate all your help.

SVRT Video

https://youtu.be/Tg9VM3ylenA
 Filename
00052.MTS
[Disk]
 Description
Camera file for analysis.
 Filesize
19332 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
276 time(s)
[Post New]
Is 'MediInfo' a free program and do you have a link for that?

Thank you.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
MediaInfo is described in Part J of the famous Welcome *sticky*

You may want to make a small donation to get the ad-ware free version, but you don't need to pay anything if you don't want to

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Brian -

SVRT will work fine for your Canon clips. Intelligent SVRT shows AVC H.264 1920x1080/50i (24Mbps) @ 22.5Mbps - that is the profile best suited to your clips.

What will cause it to need re-rendering is the inclusion of transitions, effects etc. Screenshot 3

Screenshots attached

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - 00052 SVRT1.png]
 Filename
00052 SVRT1.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
78 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
112 time(s)
[Thumb - 00052 SVRT3.png]
 Filename
00052 SVRT3.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
42 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
107 time(s)
[Thumb - 00052 SVRT2.png]
 Filename
00052 SVRT2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
205 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
121 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
ynotfish... thank you for the reply. So, for the less technically minded among us, can you make SVRT a little clearer? (With some Google searching I've noticed there have been a fair number of questions on this subject before). Just trying to clear things up for newcomers, since this IS a selling point for the software... (fast rendering, faster than all other competitors).

So...

SVRT speeds up video rendering but only under certain conditions/rules. NO BELLS OR WHISTLES ALLOWED. In other words, on the one hand we will hype up the software with its transition maker, particle maker, adorage plugin, titler plugin, half a million (and counting) free download transitions, particles etc. at Director Zone, video tutorials for all of the above, all for the amateur video makers among us to make his or her final video edit 'entertaining'. Let's face it, slideshows and the next door neighbours vacation videos are boring unless transitions, particles. pips, texts etc. make it more watchable. On the other hand.....

However, use any of them and sorry but SVRT goes out the window. Well, almost. There will be a few little green areas where the SVRT will kick in. Unfortunately in my case, where I like to extensively use these bells and whistles, there's not a single green area visible anywhere. So, is it a return to 'boring old videos'? I'm trying my best to leave a legacy for my kids that wont end up in the bin.... or, am I just being too cynical? Is SVRT still doing its best over the red areas? Is 'True Velocity Engine' whizzing through at a rate of knots behind the scenes? Do I have to go back to no transitions/fx/texts/particles/fancy this that and the next thing? Or is it a case of, well, you want to be fancy... then accept rendering as a weekly overnight chore for your poor computer? ynotfish, please help this beached salmon.....

On the not so cynical side, I have been using amateur video software for decades going way back to something called 'Proshow' which made an '.exe' file back in the 1990's. The project.exe file did work beautifully, but I never to this day figured out how to get the 'avi' file out of that .exe (anyone know how?). After trying a half dozen other companies (Pinaccle was the ultimate in crashing once every 5 minutes), I eventually came to Cyberlink. Never looked back since. It is still the BEST software for would be professionals. Bells and whistles and all. Getting back on topic...

Is SVRT and True Velocity working at all when most of your project is in the red?
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ynotfish... thank you for the reply. So, for the less technically minded among us, can you make SVRT a little clearer? (With some Google searching I've noticed there have been a fair number of questions on this subject before). Just trying to clear things up for newcomers, since this IS a selling point for the software... (fast rendering, faster than all other competitors).

SVRT speeds up video rendering but only under certain conditions/rules. >SNIP<

However, use any of them and sorry but SVRT goes out the window. Well, almost. There will be a few little green areas where the SVRT will kick in. Unfortunately in my case, where I like to extensively use these bells and whistles, there's not a single green area visible anywhere. >SNIP<

Here is an old link that should clear things up: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/29236.page - especially with these two quotes by Jeff (JL_JL) which are:

"PD documentation: SVRT (Smart Video Rendering Technology) is a proprietary rendering technology from CyberLink that recognizes which portions of a movie clip were modified (and therefore require rendering during production), and which portions of a movie clip were not changed (and thus can be skipped over during the rendering process)."

"PD SVRT simply does not encode any footage when input and output formats are close enough, hence no GPU, integrated
or standalone is even utilized. It's essentially a direct read/write operation which for PD the GPU does not perform. "

In otherwords- not all your footage will be able to use SVRT. Only if you changed it somehow. PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be