Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
OpenCL HA Nvidia implimentation bug on some GPU's
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
This is a repost of a thread I had posted on 9/30 about a OpenCL implementation bug that I was informed by forum admin had been “lost” by some site technical anomaly. I was asked to repost.

Another implementation bug that appears to affect some platforms and some GPU's.

To replicate:
1) Simply place the Kite Surfing.wmv in the timeline
2) Apply the Gaussian Blur effect to the video clip (I had it in my "Favorites" in video demonstration)
3) Toggle OpenCL on or off in PD pref > Hardware Acceleration
4) Total image distortion as one moves the scrubber

The issue does not affect all Nvidia GPU's. In the attached demonstration video the issue was shown on a GTX970, 355.82 driver. A "Produced" file has the bad distortion of the Gaussian Blur effect when OpenCL is utilized.

Jeff
 Filename
Capture_4.mp4
[Disk]
 Description
OpenCL and Gaussian Blur issue
 Filesize
16323 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
315 time(s)
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
I was wondering what had happened to this thread!

Thanks for reposting, and I'll repost that the GTX780Ti is one of the GPUs that is not affected.

Is there any change on your end with the 355.98 driver?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I was wondering what had happened to this thread!

Thanks for reposting, and I'll repost that the GTX780Ti is one of the GPUs that is not affected.

Is there any change on your end with the 355.98 driver?

No that driver does not make a difference. My GTX580 and GTX650 are not affected either, but my GTX950, GTX960, GTX970 are all affected. Julien Pierre had reported that his GTX750Ti was not affected and someone else indicated their GTX960 had the issue so it maybe looks to be second generation Maxwells, so GTX9xx series, GM2xx chips.

Jeff

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 03. 2015 22:29