Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing file error Power Director 9
SeymourButzPlease123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2013 21:02 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
I'm trying to do some Stop Motion and having issues. I've used MonkeyJam to make a short Stop Motion movie that I've exported to an .AVI file. The .AVI file plays fine in Windows Media Player. When I try to import it to PowerDirector 9, I get the following message:An error occurred while opening this media file in the media library. It may be because the file is broken, an unsupported format, protected video content, or for another reason. Try contacting your video provider for a different file format.I converted the .AVI to MPEG4 using Handbrake. It converted fine and is again playable in Windows Media Player, but I get the same error message when trying to import the MPEG4 version.Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
SeymourButzPlease123 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2013 21:02 Messages: 49 Offline
[Post New]
I got it working by adjusting the frame width and height down to 320x240. I can now import the .AVI, but the quality suffers mightily.

Does anybody know a better way to do this?

I'd do the Stop Motion in PowerDirector, but doing any kind of clever zooming or panning of a bunch of image files as opposed to a video file would be a daunting task.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Mr. 123, you don't say which version of Windows you're on, but I've posted a fix for people having this issue with AVI clips on Win10 and it may solve the issues you're having, even if you're on Win7 or 8.1.

Here's the link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/45196.page

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°