Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No idea what I'm doing
Immortal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 31, 2015 17:34 Messages: 46 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure what the point of buying editing software is when you have no clue even where to begin? All of the YouTube tutorials online are terribly complicated and they are terrible at explaining for beginners like myself. For instance, all I want to do is to be able to humorously reverse the audio in a clip, speed it up to sound like a chipmunk or slow it down to sound REALLY deep and slow and yet I have no idea how to do any of those supposedly simple things. Is Audiodirector what I'd use for that?

Also, there are videos in which editors can replace the spoken audio in a video while the original background audio of the video remains intact, how do you do that? Are the voice track and the background noise track separate from each other?

Someone please help me figure out basic editing, I won't spend money on a program if I have no idea how to use it.
RobAC [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 09, 2013 18:20 Messages: 406 Offline
[Post New]
Are you using Power Director? All the things your describe can be done inside Power Director or any other video editing software.

Audio Director is for fine tuning, getting rid of unwanted sounds and so on. It offers more dedicated features for sound editing. PD 14 Ultimate Suite / Win10 Pro x64
1. Gigabyte Brix PRO / i7-4770R Intel Iris Pro 5200 / 16 GB / 1 TB SSD
2. Lenovo X230T / 8GB / Intel HD4000 + ViDock 4 Plus & ASUS Nvidia 660 Ti / Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIZw3GPwKMo&feature=youtu.be