Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PD14 Ultra - how many transitions are provide and how to apply transition to multiple clips
kezug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2015 22:25 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
I have upgrated from Tutorial to Full purchase of the Ultra package for PD14.

• How many transitions are provided (I forget how many was shown during tutorial, but now I see 21 in 2D and 14 in 3D...is this right?, I do see others, but wanted just check on 2D and 3D)

• Also, how can I select many clips, select 1 transition and have it apply to all those clips with selection of Fade In, Fade Out or Cross or Overlap)?

• Also, how can I get it where the Audio (track is in Video track) to NOT pause or mute during transition? I woud like to not have the audio change OR have option to have audio fade out/in during transition

THanks! Doug
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Doug -

Here's what my transitions library looks like:

So - in theory - you should have 143 transition items in your library (not including purchased & downloaded ones)

To apply transitions to ALL clips & images in the timeline, click on the Library Menu button (little squares in grid icon) to see the options. In PDR, you can't apply transitions to a selection of multiple clips - it's one at a time or ALL.

To fix your audio at transition points, you could try applying an audio transition or use an overlap type transition which will insert a Constant Gain audio transition.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
kezug [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 20, 2015 22:25 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Tony...I do see similar number of transitions but not exact (for the ones you do not have crossed off)...

Also, that is really a bummer to not be able to select clips, select a transition and apply to the selected clips...seems like a simple tasks that I am sure MANY would like to have. Doug