Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Inserting voice over audio in the Timeline
[Post New]
I have a very important video to upload to my new YouTube Channel and want to add audio in the timeline to some of the footage.

So, being unable to initially record sufficient volume using my Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset I consulted a couple of YouTube tutorials but of course they were of no use to me. I should say here that years ago I was able to record voice over with no problem at all on one of the versions I had!! Not now.

So first the audio was too low but now there is none whatsoever. Every time I pressed the 'Record' button it sent the volume control down to zero numerous times!

But further jiggering around and recording a test audio showed there now appears to be a waveline there on the clip but no sound whatsoever. There is also a line underneath the waveline with little circles at the beginning and end of the clip but it cannot be moved. However, when I double click on that clip it opens up the 'Trim Audio' box and there is plenty of sound in there! Ha! Crikey! I have already spent about 2 hrs on just this audio problem and now the software is playing games with me! So why can't I hear it in the Timeline? It is NOT muted! Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
But further jiggering around and recording a test audio showed there now appears to be a waveline there on the clip but no sound whatsoever. There is also a line underneath the waveline with little circles at the beginning and end of the clip but it cannot be moved. However, when I double click on that clip it opens up the 'Trim Audio' box and there is plenty of sound in there! Ha! Crikey! I have already spent about 2 hrs on just this audio problem and now the software is playing games with me! So why can't I hear it in the Timeline? It is NOT muted!
Have you checked in all of the places PD mutes audio.

1. On the left of the track, be sure there is a check mark on the audio track

2. Right click the audio track, check that it is not muted.

3. Be sure the volume slider on the preview player is not all the way down.

4. does the timeline have an audio wave form?

5. Check your computer sound, is it muted or the volume all the way down?

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Carl, Thanks for that but all the things you suggested I had already checked.
Anyway, I just decided to move the little test audio clip up from the 'microphone' track into another audio track where the volume was automatically restored!!! I then moved it up into the top audio track and it was good there too and also with the ability to alter the volume line inside the clip. This you could not do in the microphone track.
Any ideas what is going on there? Phil
Tell the truth - but gently.

PD14 Ultra
i5-6600K OC CPU, Asus Z170-P Motherboard, 4G Asus GeForce GTX 960, 240GB SSD, 1 x 1TB Seagate HDD, 1x 1TB SSD external backup HDD, 8GB RAM

Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Carl, Thanks for that but all the things you suggested I had already checked.
Anyway, I just decided to move the little test audio clip up from the 'microphone' track into another audio track where the volume was automatically restored!!! I then moved it up into the top audio track and it was good there too and also with the ability to alter the volume line inside the clip. This you could not do in the microphone track.
Any ideas what is going on there?
No idea. You can use it in any audio track.

Does is work in the Music Track? Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, 7Phil77.

You can adjust all audio content(including the native audio from the video itself) using the Audio Mixing Room. On PD7 and PD8 it's identified with a treble-cleff and three sliders as its icon. Click on that and it will provide you with all you need to boost or cut ALL audio content, even on the video PiP overlay tracks.

Hope that's of some help.

Cheers!

Neil.