Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PHD7 Default Install Location
ROBERT58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 23:43 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
Why does PhotoDriector Suite install to the following default location?

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PhotoDirector7

C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLinl\ColorDirector4

PhotoDirector 6 installed to the foillowing default location:

C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PhotoDirector6

Microsoft receommends that all 64-Bit software install ot thge C:\Program Files\xxxxx folder
[Post New]
Hello Robert,

I've never (personally) installed PhotoDirector Suite - only DirectorSuite. Strangely, here, PDR, PhD & CDR are installed in C:\Program Files\CyberLink ADR (only) is installed in the Program Files (x86) folder.

I am yet to install DirectorSuite 4.

You're right to ask the question, but I have no explanation. It makes as much sense to me as it does to you, but I'll make some further enquiries.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
ROBERT58 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 17, 2010 23:43 Messages: 24 Offline
[Post New]
I noticed that the computer that installed to C:\Program Files (x86) also has the PowerDVD Ultra V15 installed and the other applications that came with it. This is also the computer that is have the MENU problems with both PHD6 and PHD7.

Thanks for your quick reply.
[Post New]
Hello Robert,

I've since installed Director Suite 4 and was presented with this dialogue box where installation directory could be selected. When you installed PhD Suite, did you have a similar option?

In my case I left it at the default, even though PDR, CDR & PhD are all 64-bit. The only 32-bit element is ADR.

Everything appears to be functioning correctly.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 19. 2015 13:57

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Robert,

Sorry, I neglected to mention that even though I opted for the default location when installing DS4 - which appeared to be Program Files (x86) - each program was installed in the right location...

PDR, CDR & PhD > Program Files [64-bit] & ADR > Program Files (x86) [32-BIT]

PIX PIX YouTube channel