Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
windows media player & produced m2ts files.....just not quite smooth.
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
This has been an ongoing problem for me.
I have Windows Media Player ...one of the Version 12's.
I produce most all of my PD13 home videos, that start out as 50i .m2ts files, to AVCHD with a 50i and 17mbps.
They always look amazing on PowerDVD and in the PD13 preview window. They usually transfer to DVDs and Blurays perfectly.

It's only Windows Media Player that I have the problem with, and it's only a small problem, but annoying enough...when I'm expecting it to be super smooth, just the way I produced it.
A video played with WMP is just very slightly jumpy....no ...shuddery. It's very hard to explain as the movements are small and the picture is otherwise perfect.

Say a title is 'gliding' down from the top of the screen, super smoothly. In WMP it glides down but not smoothly, it has tiny shudders in it.

It's not the picture. Just the movement.

I don't know anything about codecs, or even what they are really. I have a good video card, an AMD RAdeon HD 7800 series.
I don't want millions of media players on my computer, I tried VLC but see plenty of horizontal interlacing artifacts which is worse!
I really can't see why WMP isn't smooth.
Yesterday I downloaded Kpac Lite codec pac....it didn't make any difference.
Can you guys suggest a download of codecs or some other solution?

Id appreciate some help, not really good with codecs and software and stuff. Jenny
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jaymay22 ,
A screenshot of the player's display showing what you're looking at would help members maybe.

Media Info on the videos would also help - seeing the full property details codecs etc.

Monitor quality/capability handling interlace - just throwing a guess.

Where are the video stored? Long local address? On a internal/external drive? Speed of data transfer of the drive? Just throwing in additional factors that could cause a slow display in a player.

Dafydd
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
It seem like you have the same problems two years ago. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/31110.page .You did not follow up then. Open wmp. Hit the alt key. Go to tools/Options/Performance and check the last 3 checkboxes as shown in that previous link. Be sure that the use video smoothing box is checked this time.

avchd 1080/60i @17 Mbps and 1080/60p @ 28 Mbps is absolutely smooth in wmp ver.12 just like in PowerDVD. Both are great players.

vlc default has those mice teeth artifacts in moving objects or panning with the 1080/60i video. That can be easily fixed so that the interlaced video look like it is played in wmp and/or powerdvd. Play an interlaced clip in vlc. Go to Video/Deinterlace/ off to on. Change the Deinterlace mode to either Bob or Yadif(2x).The video should be silky smooth with no artifacts seen.

I don't have any problems playing the same avchd files on my slowest pc with the same players. Maybe a Dxdiag of your pc would allow others to see and offer suggestions that would work on your pc and a screenshot that Dafydd suggested.

I produced an avchd 1080/60i 16Mbps file using 3 titles of 10 sec. duration with top to bottom, right to left, and a bottom to top scrolling and see no problems on the wmp and powerdvd on the pc monitor. The vlc player displays those mice teeth artifacts until I turned on deinterlace and selected the right deinterlace mode. Both settings are required.

In the past, I remember that I do see those same artifacts on the same 3 players on my htpc connected to a hdtv playing from a BD encoded disc using svrt and worse if hardware encoding is used.

Let us know if any of this helps...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 10. 2015 12:49