Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do you insert youtube video into timeline
georgesz99 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 31, 2015 11:40 Messages: 44 Offline
[Post New]
hi all

is it possible to insert a youtube video on the sound track of a new movie i am building?

I have a whole lot of photos and want to add the music from the youtube video..

thanks

george
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: hi all

is it possible to insert a youtube video on the sound track of a new movie i am building?

I have a whole lot of photos and want to add the music from the youtube video..

thanks

george
If you just want the music, it is best to extract the music. to extract music in the Powerdirector library, Right Click > Extract Audio.

There are file converters also that can extract the audio from videos. For Youtube, you must download the Youtube video first and get it on your computer.

I recommend that you use the WAV format for extracting your Music in Powerdirector. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks Carl

perfect tips... downloaded and extracted music...

terrific

george
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Yes. I've done this a hundred times.
I use
http://www.youtube-mp3.org/
a website that does not contain any spam or viruses. It's just a website. You don't need an account. You just open the website up in one tab. Open the youtube up in another tab. Copy the url of the youtube that you like, say....you like the official video for a current 'hit', and you want to audio for that hit, without the video.
So you copy the url, and paste it into the field.
click 'convert video'.
It converts the audio to mp3. then you click 'download', and choose whether you want to 'open'', save, or save as. I always choose 'save as',....so I can choose where it goes. I put it in my 'music'.
I have hundreds of pieces of music saved this way. All perfect, high definition audio.

Good luck. Jenny
Paul1945
Contributor Location: South Africa Joined: Apr 12, 2014 14:11 Messages: 327 Offline
[Post New]
Hi jaymay22

Thanks exelent Idea and Tip Love it Pauls PC
X399 AORUS Extreme/AMD Ryzen2970WX/1xQuatro 4000 Driver:Geforce 419.67Skill V DDR4 64GB/3200MHz/Win10 prox64
Intel SSD 750/400 / Intel SSD 750/1.2Tb 1x4TB SSHD /1xSeagate 10TB pro
1xSamsung UA28D590 4k LUMIX GH5 1xLG HDR
georgesz99 [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks jenny... that looks great!!!