Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
saving styles
EricD [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2014 06:58 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Is it possible to create Themes that I can save in Theme Designer for later use or to save changes I have made to a theme? I thought I remember doing this in PD12. I can create and save title templates but I can't seem to find a way to create or save a style.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Eric

I dont use Theme Designer very much, but if you follow the TD process through it will give you a theme on the timeline which can be saved as a project (PDS) file, or produced to a file of your requirements Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
EricD [Avatar]
[Post New]
I've tried that and it works sort of. But the theme can't really be edited after it is saved as a project. I have a number of people who want to produce short projects. In this case, they are introductions to courses they teach at the college where I work. I want to create a template they can use to easily plug in the videos and stills relevant to their course that they have made themselves to create a standard looking 4 minute video.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
You cant save themes per se but, This is what PD help has to say:

Once you have created your content in the Theme Designer and imported it into the timeline, you can edit it like any other video clip on the timeline. If you want to edit or replace the media used in the created movie you can do this in the Theme Designer.To edit created content in the Theme Designer, do this:1.Click on the created content in the timeline and then the Theme Designer function button.2.As required, edit the video in the Theme Designer.3.When you are satisfied, click OK to save your changes and import the updated created content into the timeline. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
EricD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Will give it a try. Thanks!
Geoff2553 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Guernsey, Channel Islands Joined: Jul 08, 2015 08:58 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Cyberlink PowerDirector Version 13, in title edit mode, I start typing in the title and if I type the letter 'D' or 'd,' a box appears asking if i wish to save a copy of the title for sharing.
I cannot type the letter d without this happening.
Please, how do I resolve the problem?
Geoff T

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 02. 2015 14:21

EricD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Does this happen when you type in the letter D in the textbox in the title template or when you save the template under a new name?
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Hi Geoffrey

This should really be posted in a new thread. However, the only way I can replicate similar to what you describe is to type "ALT D". Are you sure your thumb is not catching the ALT key when you type a "D".

If this is not the case, start a new thread and post a screenshot of the problem - thanks Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
EricD [Avatar]
[Post New]
Agreed. I wasn't able to duplicate it either. Just thought I'd give it a try.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: the only way I can replicate similar to what you describe is to type "ALT D". Are you sure your thumb is not catching the ALT key when you type a "D"

Good thinking Robert! Alt+D = Share template on DirectorZone. Perhaps it's a sticky Alt key. One of my older keyboards has a Ctrl key like that.

On EricD's question: Projects made in Theme Designer are always editable - just click Theme Designer above the timeline. They not completely editable (as you'd normally edit in the timeline), but they can be split & rearranged and other elements incorporated.

As far as I know you cannot "save" a style, like other templates. If you like what you've done, just save the project and use it to substitute other media.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!