Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Bad experience with the smart fit function
Danilowitsch [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 19, 2006 01:10 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I just want to tell to the community my bad experience with the smart fit function in Powerdirector 5 Premium. Maybe this can help other users. I did create a movie out of Quicktime video clips. The size of the final movie was about 8.7 gigabytes. I did burn that movie on a 8.5 double layer DVD and I did choose the smart fit function from the video quality menu. The result was horrible. Really bad quality. First I thought, I made a mistake by choosing the wrong interlacing format of the clips. But this did not change anything for the next DVD I burned. The next what I thought was, that the quality of my double layer DVD-media could be bad. But this was not the problem. I never thought that using the smart fit function could reduce the video quality so dramatically! I found this out when I did cut my movie and its size was about 8.4 gigabytes. Like that I was able to burn the movie with high quality on a double layer DVD. The result was outstanding. So If you want to burn your movies with high quality on a DVD, better don't use this smart fit function.
Joe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 01, 2006 01:59 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hey Dan-

I had a problem using the smart fit function as well, except it was on DVD-R 4.7GB discs. My problem was that, although the old VCR tape I encoded where the sound/video was in sync with each other, the sound/video was off by a split second on the DVD. I sent a question to support today and got a response saying to uninstall all burning software (including Nero and Pinnacle), then reinstalling the Power Director software.

I am at that point right now, and will post a follow-up to let you know what my outcome was after the uninstalling process in a day or so. Otherwise, has your situation changed since your last post?