Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
What resolution please?
[Post New]
When exporting my video using Mpeg-2, what resolutuion should I click on before pressing start please?

Am using Windows 7 home Edition. All women can do great things.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Louise,
it depends largely on what you intend to do with the video. For a DVD, 720x480 is the norm. For Blueray you might want any of the higher-definition choices. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi LouiseTopp ,
If I may ask, what are you producing the video for/for what purpose?
The choice you make is determined by the original video footage (whether you want to retain the same quality) and the purpose you're indenting it for.
Let us know and members here will be pleased to assist you.
Dafydd

Edit: Darn, Barry beat me... well I got distracted by being given some warm home made bread.

Editx2

Hi LouiseTopp, Just so you know, Barry has quoted the 720x480 size to you and that's an NTSC, USA area. You're in a PAL location and the DVD frame size would be 720x576. This would be reflected in the selections offered to you in PowerDirector for a PAL location.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 16. 2015 13:15