Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirecctor 12 Subtitles - Not workiong on current project, but does on past projects
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
Hello folks!

My build:

Windows 8.1, 64 bit

8 GB RAM

Intel Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20 GHz

PD 12 Ultra 12.0.3403.0 - have serial number but don't think you need that as this sisn't customer service.

I've used subtitles in the past and they are pretty straight forward. I'm working on a project right now that has pictures and transistions and video clips with transistions that sum up to about an hour in length at the moment. I want to add more video and possibly more snapshots from the video.

Issue is that I tried to add a subtitle and THEY DO NOT add! At least I do NOT see them on the preview window. I can invoke the subtitle room and hit '+' - but I do NOT see the 'double click to edit' on the preview window and thus when I edit the text - it does NOT show up in the preview window!

I've quit out of the project and started it again, I've rebooted the computer, - same condition exists - doesn't allow the subtuitles to work.

I've gone back and opened a past project and the subtitle room works - I added a subtitle sucessfully!

So, I'm perplexed?!?!? Any ideas guys? I have NOT copied the project into a new filename or anything - may try that but I'm not confident that will work.

Like I said, any ideas?

THanks CS PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
The first thing I'd try is the latest version, which is 4210 (released just 2 months ago). You can download the patch *here*

EDIT: It would also help if you could include a screen capture of the problem in your new project. Also, what happens if you create a new project and try adding subtitles? It's possible the your current project became corrupted, and if a new project works OK you can try copying parts of your current project to a new one and see if it works properly.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 17. 2015 19:50

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
CS2014
Senior Contributor Location: USA-Eastern Time Zone Joined: Sep 16, 2014 16:44 Messages: 629 Offline
[Post New]
I thought there was an update but was unable to 'find' it until now! And I didn't click on your link - but thanks for that though! I'll dl it asap.

For some reason I have been saving the entire project in one 'project' file. This was about 2 hours of pictures, video and audio. I realized that I was not going to be able to burn this onto a DVD as I've seen where I've been limited int eh past to about 1 hour and 15 - 17 minutes. (DVD-R, 4.7 GB, 120min., 16X speed disc)

So I split the project into two, approximately 1 week (of material) long events and then subtitles worked - on both projects. So this became a non-issue after that.

I do have a question about if transitions can be 'recorded' backwards - but I'll start a new thread to ask/address that issue.

Thanks for your reply though.

CS
PD13 Ultimate - Build 3516, WIN 8.1, 64 Bit, 16G RAM, Intel Core i5 4460, CPU @ 3.2GHz, NVIDIA GeForce GT720, Graphics Memory(total avail.)-4093MB
LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray Drive