Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Looking to make a title template...
Rex Oates
Newbie Location: Edmond, Oklahoma Joined: Aug 09, 2014 13:48 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
...that is shaded on the bottom 1/4 of the screen.

Currently, to get the effect I want, I am making the title with the text, on line 3 in the editor...while on line 2, I put a black box, cropped to proper size and set at 75% opacity. Line 1, of course, is the main shot.

I want to be able to just drop in a title template that has the black box in place at the bottom.

Any ideas?
[Thumb - Title example.jpg]
 Filename
Title example.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
172 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
44 time(s)
"Love one another." -- JC
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rex -

All you need to do is import that black bar image into Title Designer - resize it - save as - and it becomes part of the template.

Unfortunately, you can't adjust the opacity in Title Designer so it has to be done when creating the black bar image in your graphics software. i.e. make the layer 75% opaque. Example attached.

Here are two templates I just whipped up. When you open them you'll see how it was done.

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124826183

http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/detail/124826184 (with a blurred edge on the bar)

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Bar3.png]
 Filename
Bar3.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
10 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
43 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rex Oates
Newbie Location: Edmond, Oklahoma Joined: Aug 09, 2014 13:48 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Tony. This is what I've been trying to do without success, since, as you point out, we can't adjust the opacity What did you use to create the black bar with the 75% opacity? That's where I seem to be stuck.

(I may just steal Bar3, btw) "Love one another." -- JC
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rex -

I used Paint.NET, but most graphics software would do the job. Paint.NET is excellent & free - http://www.getpaint.net/download.html

Here's what I did...

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Rex Oates
[Post New]
Thanks a ton, brother. Appreciate it... "Love one another." -- JC