Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
wrong thumbnails - again
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
Have just opened a project and went to Title Room

Insteda of showing example of the text 4 of the Custom texts was shown at an image from one of my projects, see att.

deleting all files in C:\users\Ejer\AppData\Roaming\Cyberlink\MediaCache solved the problem.

Yesterday there was another strange thing that haven't happen before. I had been working on a project and needed to go to an other project so I first Saved then clilcked New Project and instead for clean screen there was a image left over on Preview screen, see att.

Closed and reopened PD then all OK.

Just short time ago 21/7 I had a issue with wrong thumbnail images in media libery
(http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/44486.page)
where deleting all files in C:\users\Ejer\AppData\Roaming\Cyberlink\MediaCache DID NOT solve the problem.

I wonder why this keeps on happening?

And find it 'not good' to have to delete MediaCache when Preference is set to 'Auto delete temporary files every: 2 days'
[Thumb - billeder i stedet for txt i Title Room_resize_resize.jpg]
 Filename
billeder i stedet for txt i Title Room_resize_resize.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
screencut Title Room
 Filesize
34 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
55 time(s)
[Thumb - Efter nyt projekt er der et billede i preview_resize.jpg]
 Filename
Efter nyt projekt er der et billede i preview_resize.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
Image in preview after New Project
 Filesize
38 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
48 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2015 11:53

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Anja, perhaps something has gone wrong with your PD installation. Can you try uninstalling it and then reinstalling the original program? If you are having these problems with the newest patch (3130) try updating to the previous version (2907) and see if that helps.

You can PM me if you need the earlier patch.

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Anja the Dane
Contributor Location: Denmark (North of Copenhagen) Joined: Mar 03, 2011 15:02 Messages: 347 Offline
[Post New]
optodata
the first issue was vith build 2907-1
this issue is with build 3130

thanks for your offer I do have all the builds from 2604 to 3130 at my PC, even the 2907 with error PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Good for you for having all the patches

Let us know how the uninstall/reinstall goes.

Also, both pictures you uploaded are too small to really see any details. Could you post the full resolution versions?

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
here it comes

actually after the build 13-0-2907 I uninstalled and reinstalled with build 13-0-2907-1 so I din't see why to uninstall and reinstall again?
[Thumb - Efter nyt projekt er der et billede i preview.jpg]
 Filename
Efter nyt projekt er der et billede i preview.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
image in preview
 Filesize
385 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
53 time(s)
[Thumb - billeder i stedet for txt i Title Room.jpg]
 Filename
billeder i stedet for txt i Title Room.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
images instead of titles
 Filesize
318 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
46 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 12. 2015 14:06

PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12
optodata
[Post New]
Much better/Meget bedre

Both issues are very unusual and point to some kind of corruption with PD or possible with Windows or your user account.

If reinstalling doesn't help, search the forum for "SFC /scannow" and follow those steps to see if there's any damage that Windows can find and repair

YouTube/optodata

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
ok optodata, do you know Danish or was it automatic translation?

Again I've uninstalled and reinstalled - pretty boring.

I also run "SFC /scannow" both before uninstall and after reinstall. Both times it told me:
Windows Resource Protection fand corrupted files, but it was not all files that could be repaired.For more information CBS.Log.
the first time the logfile was 1.614 KB the second time it is 2.306 KB is it that the scan program is adding to existing log every time it runs? Or does it make a new fresh file?
I copied the logfile and opened it - must admit I don't understand what to look for - do you?

My PC is pretty new brought it 30/04/2015 so if there is something wrong I must contact the supplier.
 Filename
2015-08-13 16-51 CBS.log
[Disk]
 Description
CBS.log second time
 Filesize
2305 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
300 time(s)
 Filename
2015-08-13 15-01 CBS.log
[Disk]
 Description
CBS.log first time
 Filesize
1613 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
291 time(s)
optodata
[Post New]
Auto translation. I was hoping it would be accurate for such a clear expression

Since the uninstall/reinstall was boring, I think we'll need to focus on the CBS log.

Each time you run SFC, it scans and corrects as many errors and inconsitencies as it can find, and it's normal for the results to change after each run. It's often the case that SFC will be able to repair more items each time it's run, but in your case it seems to be finding more issues but still isn't able to repair the main problems.

There are many entries in the log that point to the WindowsUpdate Agent, and sometimes badly installed updates can cause the kind of problems you're seeing with PD. You could try rebooting first and then running SFC as an Admin one more time, but if there are still errors and PD continues to misbehave, the best option would be to do a *repair install* which will reinstall Win7 over your existing version but won't affect most apps or any of your personal data.

Since the computer is new, you may want to bring it back to where you bought it - however - usually manufacturers will wipe your entire C: drive and reinstall Windows exactly as it came from the factory, so you'll have to reinstall everything. If you have a local repair facility, they would probably be able to help with a repair install if you're not comfortable doing it yourself.

No matter which way you go, please make a backup of all your personal files before proceeding so you won't lose them!

If you don't have a full DVD copy of Win7, you can download an official ISO from Microsoft and use that to do your repair. Here's a *link* if you want to make a DVD, and the very thorough repair install link I mentioned has more options.

I've done this procedure many times over the years (I often take risks with beta software), and it can take as little as an hour or so to be back to full operation.

There are a couple other options as well: If you remember when you first started seeing the problems with PD, you can use *System Restore* to restore your Windows settings to how they were before the problem happened. If you consciously made any system image backups (using a 3rd-party app like Acronis or the built-in wbadmin command), you could do the same thing.

The main difference is that System Restore is normally running by default and would make those snapsot images automatically, whereas you have to intentionally install or run the second set of utilities to save the entire C: drive.

Hopefully, there's a solution here that will work for you, and you'll end up with a refreshed computer where PD behaves normally again.

Good luck/held og lykke!

YouTube/optodata

Anja the Dane
[Post New]
Tusind tak/Thank you very much.
Nice that you spend so much energy on helping an old lady.

As I see it written CBS.log NOT as a new file each time but things found are added to existing log file until it is 50 MB then copied it to cbs.persist.log and a new SBS.log is created - so history is preserved.
Therefore the file size says nothing about current number of errors, but the number that has been since the log was started.

This is a problem when it takes place on an SSD disk with limited space. I have fortunately space on the SSD yet.

Maybe some of the errors related to me every day, some days several times, prevents my PC from being updated with Win10 - this I can not figure out.

I have not worked much with PD after reinstallationen (gardening in the good weather has had higher priority) and have not yet seen these thumbnail mistake again, but if it occurs, I will use your suggestions to use * repair install *.

Last but not least, I thank you for all your advice and guidance.

Have a nice day laughing PDR 14.0.4207.0 / Windows 10 64-bit / Asus / Intel i7-4790 3.60 GHz / 16GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 / DirectX 12