Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Shadow file generation problem
[Post New]
To generate shadow time takes time. As a matter of fact they seam never to get ready. I have now been waiting for hours my MP4 HEVC 50fps, 40sec file to get generated? My computer: http://www.cnet.com/products/hp-pavilion-g6/specs/

Any ideas?

Thanks
Bhajje
Senior Member Location: France - Orléans Joined: Feb 06, 2011 11:30 Messages: 176 Offline
[Post New]
Otava,

There is NO shadow files generation for HEVC clips. You can wait during months, it will never be finished.

I know, it's too bad.... Jean-Paul

i7-4770K 3.50 GHz, Nvidia GTX 960 2 Go, SSD 500 Go, RAM 32 Go
Win 10 64 bits, DirectorSuite 365
[Post New]
Thanks
So what to do. How to use these files right?
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Otava ,
I followed your link to the laptop computer spec/purchase/used. You have a very underpowered computer for video editing in my view. The i3/4gb ram doesn't meet the bare minimum spec for HD let alone the Hevc. Please check out the PDr13 spec info: http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, just telling you how it is and offering an opinion.
The workaround is:
Use a file converter to create lower res mp4's of the same name, place them in the same directory so you have two folders, one containing the higher res and another folder containing the lower res video.
Edit the lower res files in PDR13
Save the pds, e.g. 001.pds
Close PDR13 down
Switch the lower res mp4's for the higher mp4's (change the folder names - so the higher res ones are picked up by the pds file)
Re-open PDR - uncheck Shadow File Generation in Preferences and the Confirmation. Locate your project and drag the pds into PDR13.
Go to Produce and output your video.... the i3 will struggle.
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 10. 2015 04:32

[Post New]
Thanks
I agree. My laptop is a bit of Watson era. I have been waiting the 5th generation and ISP display to come out but looks like its next spring or something like that. So I have to choose the way you suggested or wait. Well I flip the coin.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Otava ,
I would look for a much more powerful computer and improve your video editing experience. If you flip the coin for a new computer - ask here on the forum about spec and such. I'm sure some members will jump in to assist you. Be aware that laptops aren't the best to edit footage with and they have other shortcomings... but will do the job if that's your preference.
I'd look for a large SSD, a cracking GPU, plenty of Ram and a darn good CPU.
Dafydd
[Post New]
OK
I´ll post an inquiry to the forum for a replacement to my steam engine.
Thanks