Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how do i animating masks?
[Post New]
I tries to animate masks, but it seems impossible. How do i animating mask, so forexample i want to make a clone of myself, and k moving my hand closer to the side and want to edit the position of the mask so that the hand dont disapears. But it seems impossible to animate the mask. Or is it something i havent found out? AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Monjanse

Try the following and see if this roughly what you want.

Put your clip in the timeline and double click on it. This will open the PiP designer.

On the menu bars at the top left of the designer you will see MASKS. Select a mask and you will see it on the clip in the preview window.

Now, next to the Mask menu you will see MOTION, click on that and play with the pre-set motion paths. If you press the play button you will see the mask move as per the motion path you have selected. When you have conquered that bit, you can design your own.

Good luck with it - come back if you have problems Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Its not the mask that moving when i following this steps, but the clip. I want to make the mask move. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
[Post New]
When i ad a move animation after adding a mask, its only the image that moves, and not the mask itself. Is there something i missed? AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry, I misunderstood or just didn't read the post properly.

This will work for you, but you need to be creative.

If you haven't already got it, download the free PAINT.NET.

Open paint and create a new file as big as you can to allow for motion in PD.

Now paint the whole background the colour you would like to appear around your mask. Now select LAYER and add a second layer. On this second layer draw the shape of a mask using, say the ellipse tool. When you have the shape of a mask on layer 2 and you are happy with it, select the background layer. Now select the eraser and use it to remove the background from your mask. You should now have a coloured background and the mask should be clear.

Now go to IMAGE and select FLATTEN. Now you can save the file to your preferred folder.

Back in PD have your movie clip in track 1 and bring your new mask file into track 2. Stretch the mask file to the length of your video clip. Double click on the mask file and do what you did before. This time the video will be static and the mask will move as you dictated.

Forgive me if I have forgotten something, but it should be OK Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Ok. Thank you very mutch. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
[Post New]
what i ment was making a animated mask that mask out forexample half of the one of the two videoclips, so i can make a clone of my self moving forexample. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
[Post New]
it on ly is like this when i animate the mask-layer. how do i get it to mask to the image below?
[Thumb - mask.jpg]
 Filename
mask.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
paint net layer-mask is white
 Filesize
217 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
60 time(s)
AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
I think you have saved the file as a .jpg, you need to save it as a .png

See what happens then Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
I did saved it in png. AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Did you erase the inner part of the mask as I said?

Here it is again:

Now paint the whole background the colour you would like to appear around your mask. Now select LAYER and add a second layer. On this second layer draw the shape of a mask using, say the ellipse tool. When you have the shape of a mask on layer 2 and you are happy with it, select the background layer. Now select the eraser and use it to remove the background from your mask. You should now have a coloured background and the mask should be clear.

It should look like the attached
[Thumb - mask2.png]
 Filename
mask2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
12 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)
Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
Ok. But how do i getting the above video getting masked out half so the video below is showing in the mask? AMD 8120, geforce 760, 16 gb ram.
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Post another screenshot of what you have now Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
here is the setup in powerdirector. i wish the abowe videoclip get masked so the lower video coming inside the mask abowe the abowe clip.
[Thumb - printscreen.jpg]
 Filename
printscreen.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
the setup
 Filesize
310 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
56 time(s)
The Shadowman
[Post New]
I'm not entirely sure what you want, but if you remove "sunrise" you should see extreme sports within the mask.

See what happens Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
[Post New]
I wanted to make a forexample clone of my self while the one of my hands moves closer the clone of me, and the mask could get wider in animation when i move my hand closer and mobing the hand futher away the mask could be smaller again. But i wish there should show both videos in the mask. Like this in videostudio.
[Thumb - maxresdefault.jpg]
 Filename
maxresdefault.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
86 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
41 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2015 13:50

The Shadowman
[Post New]
I think the only way you will be able make the mask bigger or smaller is in PiP designer in PowerDirector 13. You said you wanted to move the mask, but the video to stay still.

Let's ask if there is anybody out there that knows how to animate a mask without the video moving with it.

Let's see if anybody answers our plight

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 07. 2015 13:56

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,