Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Small, green rendering bar every time I try to play
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

I'm stumped. Since I cleaned and reinstalled my CLPD13 it should be running perfectly, better than before.
But it isn't.
I've never seen this little green rendering bar try to render every time I want to play my project to test it.
It is quite a complicated project, but no more so than I've ever had before. I have never seen this!
I've searched the forum, and can see it's a facility that renders if your setup is having trouble viewing the preview. But why now?

I have every option on the default, except for Shadow files which I've unchecked. Is there something else I should have changed??
It's driving me mad. All the files for the project are on the local hard drive, so not hard to get to. It's a complicated project, of about 20 minutes, but nothing dramatic.
I have far less programs on my pc now that before, so I can't understand why this should happen. Before the reinstall everything was working fine (just the odd hiccup when I had a lot on the timeline, but never this render bar.)

I just tried producing a 10 second range, the title, to get it out of the way, and the render bar even came up through the produce screen!!! What the???? and it was soooo slow!! See picture below.

Any suggestions?
[Thumb - render 2.PNG]
 Filename
render 2.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
155 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
81 time(s)
Jenny
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
This sounds like the old Nvidia driver compatibility issue again. Try doing a search for continuous rendering and you should find a lot of info about it.

If you have an Nvidia GPU it may be your driver has been auto-updated in which case you might be able to roll back to an older one. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
jaymay22
Member Location: Sydney, NSW, Australia. Joined: Aug 27, 2009 07:18 Messages: 143 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Fenman,....Oh, I see Nvidia users seem to have this trouble too. However, I don't have an Nvidia card, I have AMD Radeon HD 7800 series. !
Any ideas about what I should do? Jenny
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
I'm sorry but I don't. The problem I was referring to only affects Nvidia cards and as far as I know there aren't any such issues with AMD cards so your problem must be different.

Hopefully someone with an AMD card setup will come along shortly with some suggestions. Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I had that problem on AMD. When you reinstalled did you get the updates also? I can't remember when mine stopped, but it was not a graphics update since AMD will not let me update my old card. I'm on a different computer now and cannot test it. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
jaymay22 Small, green rendering bar every time I try to play

Normal Render Preview, it is shown only if you selected with yellow, part of a video on the timeline and click the Render Preview button.

see image

It seems this happening spontaneously to you.

My sugestion

1 - Upgrade the video card drivers, version I use amd-catalyst-omega-14:12, or the latest version.

Not solve.

2 - Reinstall PD13, new installation from the version that has to Product Key, then upgrade to v2907.1
[Thumb - render 3.jpg]
 Filename
render 3.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
85 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
67 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 08. 2015 20:32

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB