Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't get a clear production...
[Post New]
Since I upgraded to PD 13 I've not been able to get a clear production of any of my videos. I get very clear previews in the preview window on the working page, but when I click Produce it doesn't seem to matter what format I choose...when it's done the video is a poor production of the original. I can't figure out why...? Never had this problem in PD 11... Makes me want to delete this version and go back to 11...what do you think? Dustie
I'm still working on it....
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Dustie -

I thought you may have paddled up river & just kept going laughing

Have you updated to the latest build - 2709 - of PDR13? http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_GB.html

The first thing to do is try to produce without any hardware (GPU) acceleration. Sometimes that can cause issues.

I assume, being the experienced campaigner you are, that your production choices are close to your input properties. Yes?

When you say "clear" do you mean the produced file is murky, fuzzy what? Is it producing any artefacts or blockiness?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Hi Tony...just been non producing for awhile (nearly a year now). Had such success with my first nature video was afraid to attempt the 2nd (although I've two years worth of video waiting to be produced). Took inspiration from Harper Lee...if she could finally do a sequel ...then who am I to shy away? LOL...

Now you say I should know if my production choices are close to my input properties? Well...now... can't say that I know if they are or if they aren't..dare I say? Often I just trick people into thinking I know what I'm doing...

As to produced videos..fuzzy..not sharp like the video when I watch it or the preview in the preview pain when creating it... no artifacts or blockiness...

I'm heading over now to update to the latest build though...it's been awhile since I upgraded and then even longer before I loaded it. Dustie
[Post New]
Think the spelling of Pane as pain was a Freudian slip? Dustie
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: can't say that I know if they are or if they aren't..dare I say?

If (say) your recorded video is MP4 1920x1080 @ 24MBps 30fps - that's what you should select as your output format/profile.

If (say) you chose WMV 720p, or MPEG-2 DVD HQ, or used a much lower bitrate, you might expect it to come out "not so clear".

Anyway, you sure fooled me! laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Oh, that's what you meant. Ok...got that. Guess I just don't know the lingo. I've finally settled on outputting MP4 1920x1080 30fps as my original video is 1920 x 1080 30fps.

It's the best so far, but still not as good as the original video or the preview. I've yet to do the upgrade yet though.

And thank you my friend...about the fooled ya part. ;

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 05. 2015 03:24

Dustie