Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Make timeline markers stay move when a clip is removed
Rickoh [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 31, 2015 17:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to keep timeline markers in their relative positions if a clip is remove from a track? I mean when using the option "remove and move all items on all tracks".

I marked a bunch of edit points on a track with timeline markers, but when I removed a clip, the timeline markers stayed put and of course no longer lined up with the remaining clips. Just wondering if I there is any way to link or lock the timeline markers to the clips. I appreciate the time people devote to helping me. I hope others also benefit.
Brett27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2015 21:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have found the same problem and am looking for a solution.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
As far as I'm aware, that's how the markers are designed.

They're accurately called "timeline" markers because they are referenced to the absolute track position and are independent of all content.

You can see how that would be very helpful if you need a scene to always start or stop at a specific time in the finished product, but that doesn't address your need for markers that track with the content.

Believe it or not, chapter markers are fixed to the timeline too, so they aren't any help in your situations either.

One thing I could suggest is to add a track above your current Track 1 and place a color board or similarly obvious clip there that's aligned with the content you want to keep track of. You could uncheck the track's Enable box so nothing would get through to your finished video.

You can access pre-made color boards from the media library. Just click on the drop down list that says Media Content and select Color Boards.

I hope this helps!

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°
Rickoh [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Melbourne, Australia Joined: Jul 31, 2015 17:08 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks optodata. Very useful reply.

I would love it if each timeline marker had an option to make it absolute to timeline or relative to a track. It would be even better if it could be relative to a specified track.

I dream on.

In the meantime colour boards sound like a pretty good work-around. I appreciate the time people devote to helping me. I hope others also benefit.
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ...I would love it if each timeline marker had an option to make it absolute to timeline or relative to a track. It would be even better if it could be relative to a specified track...

I think that's a great idea, too. There's a sticky post at the top of the PD13 forum called "Cyberlink, listen to this suggestion" and I think that would be a good place to post your thoughts

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Rickoh [Avatar]
[Post New]
done I appreciate the time people devote to helping me. I hope others also benefit.
Brett27 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 22, 2015 21:27 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks optodata, much appreciated.
optodata
[Post New]
I'm glad I could help!

YouTube/optodata

FrancoisT [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 26, 2010 15:03 Messages: 115 Offline
[Post New]
Has this been fixed in updates? What an inconvenience. I just started a project and thought I remembered how to make the markers stick with the video even after a previous section had been cut. Unfortunately, I found out I was remembering Reaper Audio program. There they gave the instructions..."turn on "Ripple editing all tracks" Press Alt-P or use the toolbar button. But it's important to set Ripple Edit to "all tracks" not to "per-track". I guess there no similar feature in Cyberlink PD 17?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 20. 2020 23:35

optodata
[Post New]
Quote I guess there no similar feature in Cyberlink PD 17?

No changes as of PD18

YouTube/optodata