Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blurred/ Pixelated video images
Talia [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 24, 2015 22:33 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Hello, Power Director 12 automatically came with my computer. As I was exploring it, it looked liked a great program with potential. It made me happy to have a video editting software on my computer that was decent and looked easy!

I am not an advanced video edittor, so I'm not sure how to fix this problem.

I play games and use Bandicam to record them. The program itself is good. However, when I tranfser that Bandicam video into the timeline it becomes awfully blurred, and pixelated to the point where you can't see any text in-game! It looks fine when it's in the "bin" and I preview it, but as soon as it's on that timeline it gets all blurred. I know it's not Bandicam because I used the same videos with Windows Movie Maker and it would turn out fine.

I see potential in this software and I would really like to use it without any problems! If someone could please help me out that would be wonderful! Also, the audio is VERY quiet.. Which is another huge issue.

Below is a test video of finished movie. As you can see, it is indeed blurred. Thank you. cry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMx5zcUssq4

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 24. 2015 22:46

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
That YT produced video is 480p max. Assuming that your capture was 1920x1080, that would mean your original is many times sharper.
Talia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: That YT produced video is 480p max. Assuming that your capture was 1920x1080, that would mean your original is many times sharper.

So what should I do to fix this? Suggestions? I'm sorry I'm amateur. So I'm not exactly sure what I need to do to fix the issue.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Talia -

If your BandiCam clips are clean & clear, you'll be able to produce videos using PDR that are just as good. It's the choices you make that affect the output. "laughing"

Firstly, you've recorded your whole screen. What's the resolution of the Bandicam captures? 1920x1080? What's the video bitrate? If you right click & choose Properties, you'll find out.

To maximise quality, it's best to produce to the same (or similar) resolution & bitrate.

Did you upload to YouTube via the YT uploader in PDR? (by clicking Online > YouTube etc) or did you produce it & upload it through your channel?

Do you know why your video is plonked in the middle of the screen with a big black border? That doesn't happen here when I import BandiCam captures.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Talia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Talia -

If your BandiCam clips are clean & clear, you'll be able to produce videos using PDR that are just as good. It's the choices you make that affect the output. ""laughing""

Firstly, you've recorded your whole screen. What's the resolution of the Bandicam captures? 1920x1080? What's the video bitrate? If you right click & choose Properties, you'll find out.

To maximise quality, it's best to produce to the same (or similar) resolution & bitrate.

Did you upload to YouTube via the YT uploader in PDR? (by clicking Online > YouTube etc) or did you produce it & upload it through your channel?

Do you know why your video is plonked in the middle of the screen with a big black border? That doesn't happen here when I import BandiCam captures.

Cheers - Tony

My video bitrate is 14262k, recording the resolution at "full size". Yea, I'm not sure if that was a great example. I was messing around a lot with different things in Cyberlink and that's probably how the black border came to be, but the sharpness remains the same whether there is one or not. I uploaded teh video through youtube uploader.

You have used bandicam clips in Cyberlink? Does yours turn out blurry as well? Thanks.
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Talia -

BandiCam is not my "go-to" screen recording software, but I have used it enough to know what it does.

Recently I was testing some other screen capture software and made a video as a test to compare results. It's deliberately graphic to show up flaws. This is a BandiCam capture of that video screen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7tZUk7WQJw The details are in the video description.

I've never recorded a game screen as I only play Scrabble and it doesn't make very interesting viewing laughing

Cheers - Tony
Talia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Talia -

BandiCam is not my "go-to" screen recording software, but I have used it enough to know what it does.

Recently I was testing some other screen capture software and made a video as a test to compare results. It's deliberately graphic to show up flaws. This is a BandiCam capture of that video screen - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7tZUk7WQJw The details are in the video description.

I've never recorded a game screen as I only play Scrabble and it doesn't make very interesting viewing laughing

Cheers - Tony

You input this footage into Cyberlink? And it came out like that? Wow! Any suggestions on what I should do exactly to fix my issue? Thanks for responding by the way!
ynotfish
[Post New]
Post the media info of the recorded video - that would be a start.

Maybe it's not a fair comparison because you're capturing a game screen. Have you tried using different settings? http://www.bandicam.com/support/settings/video/

Cheers - Tony
Talia [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Post the media info of the recorded video - that would be a start.

Maybe it's not a fair comparison because you're capturing a game screen. Have you tried using different settings? http://www.bandicam.com/support/settings/video/

Cheers - Tony

Yea I've tried changing resolution and stuff and the type of video file it would change to. I just wonder why it shows up in the time line like that when the actual clip is crystal clear. It's very disappointing. Waiting for some kind of admin to respond too. Thanks for all your suggestions though!