Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Loss of video in AVCHD and BluRay???
YNLExposure
Member Location: Nevada Joined: Sep 25, 2011 18:14 Messages: 65 Offline
[Post New]
Not sure what I've changed. Always been able to burn SD and AVCHD without any issues. Last AVCHD produced a DVD that would start, show all chapters and chapter pictures. But when you hit play from start or any chapter, audio plays with a black screen??

Burned with H.264 at 1920 x 1080 60i as I always have.

The standard def DVD plays just fine.

Tried it with BluRay and get same results, audio with black screen.

What did I do?? Driving me crazy.
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Took the files produced by PowerDirector 13 and used ImgBurn and got the SAME results. So files produced yield a black video image.

Tried a BluRay MPEG2 at 24 fps in PowerDirector and this WORKED! But the action footage recorded at 60i is too choppy/not smooth. MPEG2 at 60i worked well so that's my answer for now.

Sure would like to know why H.264 fails, especially if it might look even better.
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Found this:

PLEASE NOTE: For users of NVIDIA cards who have updated to graphics driver 340.43 or later, the video hardware acceleration feature in PowerDirector is no longer available. To re-enable hardware acceleration, please download and install an earlier driver.

My pair of 970's use a driver in the 353 range.

Come on PowerDirector, time to update!!
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
There is a sticky that explains it all and what else you can do: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42357.page .
YNLExposure
[Post New]
Thank you tomasc!