Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Samsung Galaxy Note Video Streams Bad Quality
blasiusxx [Avatar]
Contributor Joined: Mar 12, 2011 09:44 Messages: 330 Offline
[Post New]
Anyone know if the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Video Streams (like 1080 60p mp4) are supported in PD13 100% ?!

Only this streams looks terrible, if i produce a video or a BD Disc in 1080p or i.

It looks like a compression error. Especially when panning gras and trees in the video.

In the Timeline Preview all looks fine.

It is the same with difficult graphic adapters (GTX960, Intel Core i7 4770K Intel HD4600).

It doesn't matter if Hardware Video Decoding is ON or OFF.
[Post New]
PD 13 natively supports MVC (M2T) new, Side by Side Video new, Top-under Video new, Dual-Stream AVI new, DTS audio new, FLV, MKV, Canon, Nikon DSLR video files, 3GPP2, AVCHD (M2T), AVI, DAT, DivX* (on Windows 7), DV-AVI, DVR-MS, HD MPEG-2, MOD, MOV, MOV (H.264), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), MP4, TOD, VOB, VRO with Dolby Digital 5.1/2.0, WMV, WMV-HD, WTV in H.264/MPEG2, DSLR video clip in H.264 format with LPCM audio. If you cannot add Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Video Streams, use a video converter to transcode it, and then add into PD13.
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's not the problem, you could import the Streams.

But cutting them with PD13 (and PD12,too) is very slowly, and the Produced Videos or BD Discs had bad quality.

I Had transcode the Streams with Handbrake and TMPGEnc, nothing changes. The Original Streams looks beautiful.

And with Adobe Premiere Elements the Quality is very good. But it's not my favorite Software

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi blasiusxx -

I don't have a Galaxy Note 4, but I downloadloaded a couple of sample videos - could find a 60fps sample.

Links: 1080p sample 2160p sample

The clips imported and edited fine in PDR13, & the produced files look pretty close to the original. I used standard PDR MPEG-4 profiles: 1920x1080/30p (16MBps) and 4K 3840X2160/30p (50MBps)

Is it possible to attach a short sample of the clips giving you problems?

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, you're right, i tested it many times. But only when you "Produce", not if you "Burn a BD Disc" . This is different !

I prefer "Burn BD Disc" in H.264 AVCHD 1080p, because i need chapters and BD Menus. This is not possible in "Produce" Mode.

ynotfish, could you Please test it with your downloaded Streams from the internet ?! I am at the Moment not at Home (Holidays).

Please mix the Note 4 Streams with other Video Files in the Timeline and Burn a BD Disc in 1080 60p or 60i.

Then Look at the Quality.

Thank you very much.

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Done & all good! laughing

After locating a 60fps clip from the Note 4 at 60fps sample - http://cdn.gsmarena.com/vv/reviewsimg/samsung-galaxy-note-4/camera/gsmarena_v003.mp4 - I produced to an appropriate profile. That was crisp & clean.

Next I compliled a project containing sample clips from the Samsung Galxy Note 4 & 2 of my Canons. Burnt to folder & disc using the H.264 1920x1080 60i profile.

Viewing looked fine to me played back from the folder & in BR player.

N.B. I didn't really follow the thread about 60p BR production because I don't typically burn discs. If I had, I may have been able to test that too. embarassed

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 22. 2015 19:43

blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thank you very much, Tony.

What is your GPU and which driver version ?!

I use Intel Core i7 4770K (with Intel HD4600) and Nvidia Geforce GTX960.

The Second Issue is, if i cut the Note 4 Streams in the Timeline with the Cutting Menu, PD13 becomes very slow. All other Clips Cutting is normally.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 22. 2015 22:23

ynotfish
[Post New]
I hope you're sitting down laughing

The testing I did above was done on the lesser of my PCs - i7 920 - 8GB RAM - GTX260. I realised I was only using short sample clips so I copied & pasted till I had just under an hour's worth in the timeline.

When I was using the 60fps clip, there were bits of stuttering in playback (preview set to HD) but splitting & removing didn't cause any issues.

Sorry - I know that's not very helpful.

Cheers - Tony
blasiusxx [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hmm...

Okay, my clips are much bigger But this is not the reason why the editing (Cutting) of the clips in the Timeline slows down PD13.

Now i activate Hardware Encoding if Burn a BD Disc H.264 with Intel HD4600 Graphics. At least The Quality is now beautiful

But this is not so good, because i want to use my GTX960 standalone and primary.

Permanently switching the graphics adapter from Intel HD4600 to GTX960 could'nt be the final solution.

And the Editing of Note 4 the Clips is as usual very salggish. With Both Graphic Adapters.

Thank you for much help, Tony.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 23. 2015 08:49