Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing previously self created titles
WolfATCC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 17, 2013 21:02 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I recently upgraded my computer and needed to reinstall PD13 on my new machine. I saved previously created projects and things like titles I created before upgrading my computer.

The reinstallation went fine and I have been able to use the program. I ran into a problem recently that I am hoping this forum might be able to provide me some guidance on.

I would like to import titles that I have previously created and are now stored on an external hard drive. They are contained in a PD13 folder and I can open up the individual file folders (of the titles) and see exactly what they look like, but I am unable to bring then into my new installation of PD13. I can recreate the titles but would much rather import the ones already created (I'm being lazy).

It appears that each title I created previously has it's own folder on the external hard drive but none of the files within the folder have the proper suffix to identify them as a title.

Perhaps I am missing the answer right in front of me, but so far it's all forest and no trees. Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks.
[Post New]
The PowerDirector folder in this way.

Users \ Your PC \ Documents \ CyberLink \ PowerDirector.

It contains all the material that was created by you, including other previous versions of PD.

You can only choose the folder PD13 still open it and copy only the category of effect you want.

Example: copy the folder MyTitles the external hard drive to the same location on your PC, let the windows will add the files (folders) within the MyTitles folder on your PC.

If you do this for the Cyberlink folder restore all the stuff he had before reinstallation.

If you have doubts, make a copy of Cyberlink folder, for your safety, first of all.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 15. 2015 20:39

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
What PlaySound is suggesting will work perfectly for you.

All you have to do is transfer those subfolders from the "My Titles" folder on your external hard drive. They're named "Title_000", "Title_001", "Title_002" etc.

On you new PC, they need to go in the folder PlaySound quoted above: Documents\CyberLink\PowerDirector\13.0\My Titles. If that folder is currently empty, you'll have no issues laughing

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!