Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
How to get timeline slider to stay in place?
Zorikh [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 05, 2015 20:33 Messages: 99 Offline
[Post New]
I am coming to PD13 from Adobe Premiere cs3. A little outdated, I know, but I was used to it. One of the things I was used to was the timeline slider staying in place once you stopped it somewhere. I could then drag clips to it, use it as a guide to shorten or lengthen clips, and I could even use it when draging a clip so that one point on a clip would synch up with a specific point on another clip. On PD13, however, the timeline slider jumps to the front of whatever clip I click on, so it's dificult to be precise when pushing clips around. How can I get the timeline slider to stay where it is when I want it to? Zorikh
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
I don't have PD open right now, but is there a pause button that will do what you want? Unfortunately, stop works exactly as you describe. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for getting back to me. Yes, the pause button does stop the sider as it is playing, but when I click on a clip, the slider then jumps to the start of the clip. I want the slider to stay where it is when I pause it so that I can move clips in relation to it. Zorikh
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Use Timeline Markers... It drives me nuts too when trying to set things. I'm now in the habit of using markers. I think the default keyboard shortcut is Shift+M.

Right-clicking on the Timeline give you four choices regarding Markers.

Added: I've already submitted a suggestion letting us link markers to clips so when we move a clip, the linked markers move with it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 09. 2015 11:29

CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey! That's great! I never knew about "timeline markers" before! That will help me because a particular clip at the end of my project keeps slipping as I edit clips in the middle of the project, and I am trying to keep it in place with a piece of music (now that I think of it, I should have just "grouped" the clip with the music). Having a marker at the particular beat of the music that I am working with will help a lot! Thanks! Zorikh
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
Another thing you can try...

If you have to edit clips in the middle. Add another track at the bottom. On the track you're editing, move all clips to the right of where your editing to the bottom track. Then lock all tracks you're not editing. When your editing is complete, unlock and move the clips back.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 09. 2015 11:48

CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
Zorikh [Avatar]
[Post New]
That's a quality tip. Thanks! Zorikh