Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector program still using system resources after closure!
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Imagine the scenario, you've edited your latest photos in PhotoDirector, your happy with the results so after saving you close down PhotoDirector and set about the rest of your day ....... BUT your PC appears to be running abit slower than usual!

With no applications running you decide to check Task Manager and find that PhotoDirector is indeed STILL active in the background and using a lot more ram than when the program was actually being used !surprised

I've been aware of this for sometime now so it doesnt cause me any problems, I just close the invisible program down by using Task Manager.

I just wondered if this happens to anyone else or if indeed anyone else has noticed this?

As a footnote I would like to say that I do really like this prog ( even with it foibles) and have no intention of ditching it

Have a great creative day

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2015 04:35

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
When I close it, it is closed - Windows 8.1. PhotoDirector 6.

I just tried it. When you close it, what do you select as the save options?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16. 2015 09:36

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: When I close it, it is closed - Windows 8.1. PhotoDirector 6.

I just tried it. When you close it, what do you select as the save options?

Hi Stevek. Save Options, do you mean the Back Up options? If so, I use the "back up once a day on closure".

Other save options are save files as Jpeg

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
[Post New]
Hello Kyle,

There is definitely something occurring in PhD's interaction with some systems. Similar, and worse, cases have been reported previously. See OnTheWeb1's posts here - http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43563.page

Though it's been reported previously, I will let the team at CL know the issue is more widespread.

In the meantime, I'm afraid you're stuck with the (clumsy) task manager option.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Kyle,

There is definitely something occurring in PhD's interaction with some systems. Similar, and worse, cases have been reported previously. See OnTheWeb1's posts here - https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/43563.page

Though it's been reported previously, I will let the team at CL know the issue is more widespread.

In the meantime, I'm afraid you're stuck with the (clumsy) task manager option.

PIX

Thanks Pix, I never thought of searching the archivesinnocent

Kind Regards I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.