Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can you have more than 1 Text track
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2008 18:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Looking to change from Videowave to PD.

So far so Good. Just one thing Sometimes I like to have text come on top of my video from 2 different places.

Coming in at the Top The Title and coming in from the bottom with other info, both at the same time.

I do not seem to be able to do this with PD, is it possiable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08. 2008 10:40

vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,

Open up the Title Room using the tab on the left of the library. Pick your choice and drag to the title track. Highlight title clip and choose the modify button or double click. In Title Designer you can insert/modify titles and give each title a seperate set of effects, including motion/animation etc etc

I don't know if there are any limits on title length and numbers of different titles that PD can handle (i've used 3 simple ones to test) but this should do what you want I think?

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2008 18:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
THANKS Thats great advice.

Just wondering is it possiable to have each text track appear and go at different times, so that as one starts to go another starts to appear.
vn800rider
Senior Contributor Location: Darwen, UK Joined: May 15, 2008 04:32 Messages: 1949 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Peter,
2 ways maybe.

Use 2 separate titles one after each other with differing effects on each one.

Play with the keyframes for each of the titles on a single clip but I'm not fully familiar with what's possible and I suspect it might depend on exactly what effects you want to use.

Cheers
Adrian Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated. (see below)
Confucius
AMD Phenom IIX6 1055T, win10, 5 internal drives, 7 usb drives, struggling power supply.
Cranston
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Aug 17, 2007 02:26 Messages: 1667 Offline
[Post New]
Can you have more than 1 Text track

David,

Check out this link for a possible workaround to have multiple text tracks.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/4248.page

Click here PDtoots for a collection of PowerDirector Tutorials and Tips