Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Default subtitles setup, been waiting for an upgrade on this for years now ...
EyesWideBlown [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 07, 2013 14:16 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I recently upgraded to PowerDVD15 Ultra and I'm still having some problems with PowerDVD sticking with default subtitle selections.

From PDVD15, I've found the UI customization and default subtitle settings from the Settings -> More Settings -> Movie Language setup screen. However, for some reason my default Subtitle language selection (Finnish) doesn't work when the main title starts to play even though the titles do have a Finnish subtitle track, which I then have to select manually. It seems that PowerDVD "forgets to check" if the preferred subtitle selection is available after I start playing the disc content from the main menu.

Also, since a lot of import discs don't have subtitles in my preferred language, I'd hope that PowerDVD would implement an option to also choose a secondary subtitle if the preferred subtitle language is not available. This would make the overall playback with the software a lot more enjoyable.

Thanks a lot!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 03. 2015 11:39