Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 play from folder
TranLe [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 24, 2009 00:13 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi newbie question here.

I just got PowerDVD 15 and I have on my disk the folder AVCHD-2d with a BDMV folder in it. Is there a way to tell powerdvd to play directly from the disk folder. This is just the calibration disk so the content does not have any protection attached it is just in blu-ray folder format with all the menus.

I did a search and found only response dated from powerdvd9.

Thanks.
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
I've played many movies from bluray folders but I've always added them to the media library first. I don't know if this is required but it's worked for me.
TranLe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I've played many movies from bluray folders but I've always added them to the media library first. I don't know if this is required but it's worked for me.

I currently have that disc under H:\movies\disc\AVCHD-2d

And I have tried to add to my media either H:\movies\disc\AVCHD-2d or its parent H:\movies\disc and I get a list of mt2s files and not the disc menus. Is this what you get also ?
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
No I never see files just the movie title. Click on the title and way it goes with bluray menus and all.
TranLe [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: No I never see files just the movie title. Click on the title and way it goes with bluray menus and all.

I had put it in the wrong media library under 'video', I have now moved it under 'Movies/TV' and it works.
Under Video it will show you all the files and no menus.

Thanks.