Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fix for fast video rendering technology
[Post New]
I had this problem last year on PD12, somebody here posted a fix/patch. I applied the fix and I was able to check the box for fast video rendering on MP4 files. A few weeks ago I was forced to re-install Windows 7 64. I am now trying to render videos for the first time since. Neither PD12 nor PD13 will let me check the fast rendering box (greyed out) trying to create an MP4 using PS13 AVC or HEVC (called MP4 on PD12). If searched this forum trying to find that fix again, but no luck. I have an Nvidia GTX 560 with the latest driver as of today. PD13 has 2604 update.

Does anyone remember how to acquire the patch that fixed this problem on PD12 last year?

Thanks! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
If it was a patch, click on 'Downloads' at the top of this page. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
[Post New]
It was a "bootleg" patch somebody came up with -- not a Cyberlink PowerDirector update.

If somebody can tell me how to view all my postings/replies I can probably find it, as I replied that the fix worked. Most forums have a way to view the members postings, but I don't find that here. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
See this update.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40930.page AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
PDuser97031B,

Just click on "profile" at the base of your posts and in your profile you can select everything you posted.

Bottom line, for the GTX560, the best and easy fix is to simply run Nvidia driver pre 340.43, version 337.88 will work fine. This will provide the "Hardware video encoder" for both PD12 and PD13. Updated drivers of little real benefit for video editing with the GTX560.

Yes, other file copy methods can be used but really offer nothing significant over the 337.88 driver for video editing.

Jeff
[Thumb - GTX580_HA.png]
 Filename
GTX580_HA.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
531 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
190 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 08. 2015 21:17

[Post New]
Here is the fix I applied before that worked. I just reapplied it and it didn't work this time for either PD12 or PD13.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40521.page

Anybody have any suggestions for getting my CUDA supported Nividia card working again for hardware acceleration (hardware encoding)? Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
[Post New]
Going back to Nvidia driver level 337.88 allowed both PD12 and PD13 to recognize the CUDA hardware acceleration. Thanks the good news, and for which I thank you very much! The bad news is in PD13 the CUDA is only recognized for H.264/AVC, not for H.265/HEVC. Call me a dreamer, but maybe someday CyberLink and Nvidia will get together and allow us to exploit hardware rendoring for all common video formats.

THANKS AGAIN! Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
HEVC is still realtively new format and not that common yet. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
[Post New]
Going back to Nvidia driver level 337.88 allowed both PD12 and PD13 to recognize the CUDA hardware acceleration. Thanks the good news, and for which I thank you very much! The bad news is in PD13 the CUDA is only recognized for H.264/AVC, not for H.265/HEVC. Call me a dreamer, but maybe someday CyberLink and Nvidia will get together and allow us to exploit hardware rendoring for all common video formats.

I do not know nvidia, but in my case ATI video + CPU 8 colors, rendering CPU (95%) is slightly faster in some formats.

HA releases on CPU usage (20%) for those who do several jobs at once can be useful.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 10. 2015 11:24

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate