Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Interpolated Slow Motion
[Post New]
Here's why we all have a love/hate relationship with PowerDirector. This problem did not exist on PD12. In PD13 I isolate a clip of about 11 seconds that I want to be in slow motion. I select the clip, and choose Video Speed -- slow motion with video interpolation technology (default .5 speed). PD13 becomes unusable when try to play the clip -- doesn't crash -- more like freezes. However if use video speed adjustment option, and set the slider to .5, all works fine. This added 2 hours instead of 2 minutes to the man hours to create this video. )o: Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
I have experimented with SloMo using my GoPro 1080 50p clips. My output is 25p. To get real quality SloMo you need 1000 Fps or more. Most of us don't have access to a high speed camera so we use what we have.
In PDR13 I have found Video Speed is OK at .5 but poor results at slower speeds. I get acceptable results down to .2 using the Interpolation option - and have experienced no crashes with either. Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer
Adam [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 05, 2015 02:29 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Does anyone know where the frame interpolated technology has disappeared to in powerdirector 14?