Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power director 13, terrible ?
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
I just upgraded from pd12 to director suite 3 including pd13 and it is 10 times worse than pd12, when adding files it is slow & clunky, same when being dragged to the timeline.

Also the 2 new formats h.265 and xavcs are not even supported by youtube, so whats the point in them.
Salamand3r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2015 20:41 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I just upgraded from pd12 to director suite 3 including pd13 and it is 10 times worse than pd12, when adding files it is slow & clunky, same when being dragged to the timeline.

Also the 2 new formats h.265 and xavcs are not even supported by youtube, so whats the point in them.

For me personally, PD13 is actually somewhat faster than 12 in most situations - perhaps if you provided details on your system and configuration you might be able to get some assistance.

Also, Youtube isn't the only (or even the primary) thing people do with videos. Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 case | Ultra X4 850W PSU | Asrock Fatal1ty Killer 990FX | AMD FX8320@4.7gHz | Coolermaster Nepton 240m | 2x HIS R9 290 GPUs | 24gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mHz DDR3 | OCZ ARC 100 480gb SSD | Various WD Black and Seagate drives to the tune of ~20tb | I have been building systems for over 16 years, however my opinions can be and sometimes are incorrect. Please, call me out if I say something asinine.
James Dotson
Senior Contributor Location: Tennessee Joined: Aug 24, 2009 20:40 Messages: 3066 Offline
[Post New]
Ditto, Salamand3r. Exactly what I was thinking. __________________________________
CORNBLOSSOM
jamesd1981 [Avatar]
Member Location: kilmarnock Joined: May 19, 2014 04:38 Messages: 78 Offline
[Post New]
Ok seems to be some what better after updating to 2822 version.

My main system specs are i7 4770k stock, 8gb corsair vengence dual ch, gtx 650 2gb.
[Post New]
The contol+S (Save) function is definately slower on PD13 than PD12. I'm doing my first projects since upgrading, and PD13 is definately slower/jerkier than with PD12 on the same computer hardware. It's like the execution path is much longer, so a greater percentage of the computer hardware resources are used -- even for the same basic functions as before. Previously known as PDuser97031 (had to create a new user after changing email address)