Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Convert to PowerDirector
[Post New]
There is mostly "please help" and "this isn't working" posts on this forum (including my own).
However I would like to balance the field by posting that after many years of being a Video Studio devotee, I have decided to ditch it and continue with my successes with Power Director.

I started out with Premiere but the ongoing costs of upgrading were beyond my budget at the time so I swapped to Ulead. Then after many years and 4 upgrades I now have a AVCHD camcorder. I needed to upgrade editing software and upgraded to VS11+.
The programme was slow, crashed from time to time and was so infuriating I downloaded PD7. Not much better so I upgraded the hardware. Slight improvement but Cyberlink came through with a fix and now I can effortlessly use my clips with PD7. There is still a problem with AVCHD rendering engine so now I render in Bluray format which is as clear as the originals.
Anyway, the last couple of projects I have used PD7 but have now downloaded Ulead X2 trial and have started a small project. I surprised myself with how I now don't like the lay out, can't edit clips as quickly or intuitively, can't import folders etc etc. I have become a PD convert !!

On balance, although there are still a few tweaks to go with PD I believe it is a better laid out product, better support for AVCHD editing and I will be staying with it.

Regards

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 05. 2008 14:10