Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
program cant start because of mfc110u.dll is missing from your computer
tyler10000 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 27, 2015 23:43 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Just brought and dowloaded 13. After download it tells you if you want to launch now, clicked the button, box dissappeared and nothing happened. Tried to click icon and this poped up, uninstalled twice, and reenstalled. It did not work. Tried to download patches online, did not work
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You may have just got a bad download. Could you download the files again.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tyler10000,
Contact CyberLink's online support. http://www.cyberlink.com/support/index.html

1. Make sure you install and run as the Administrator of your computer.
2. You have download all the files successfully before you attempt to install.
3. Your computer is above the bare minimum specifications for using PowerDirector. Ensure you fully read the spec - too often information is misread. http://www.cyberlink.com/products/powerdirector-ultra/spec_en_US.html
4. There should be no need to install any patches if you have just purchased PowerDirector. Note: a pop up message from CyberLink will advise you when a new patch update needs to be applied.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 28. 2015 03:43

tyler10000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys. I send an inquiry to them, but I know the issue. I figure since its a .dll file, it got corrupted or lost with the amazon download (where i purchased it from) I have sent them a ticket, telling them how I have tried to redownload and reinstall and run as adminstrator. I told them the fix should be in getting a new CD copy of the product, Thats just my experience I think between the download from amazon to my computer the .dll file is missing. Ill keep you guys posted to see how it goes, Ive heard there customer support isnt the best! cross your fingers!

thanks
tyler10000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Do note after downloading I do get this text in a desktop.ini file on my home screen
[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi tyler10000 -

That missing mfc110u.dll is a Windows system file found in C:\Windows\System32 and C:\Windows\SysWOW64 Apparently, it can also be found in the install directory of software using that file.

If it's missing from those system folders, that may be what is causing your installation error & you'd need to investigate how to repair it. There are plenty of instances of this error in Microsoft forums.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
tyler10000 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Looks like Ill have to talk to a tech guy around my home that can try it out.

I see what your talking about and I have looked for hours on forum post about mfc110u.dll

I have tried to scan using sfc command, computer says nothings corrupt or missing. I have tried to download the visual C++ (which is most likely the solution for most people) to no avail. I have gone into the Windows system32 file and SYSWOW64 file and mfc100u.dll is both present within those file logs.
I have tried to unregister the file and re register the file to no avail.
I will keep trying, cause I don't have a choice my job depends on the editing software working. I will keep updates going if I find a solution on my own, tech help or through a third party help like you guys
any new updates yall find let me know
thanks for the help!
Edward [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 10, 2016 10:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
You can fix it fast, you need just download file from http://fix4dll.com/mfc110u_dll and add it into the right directory follows the instructions. This is the fastest way. Good luck.
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, all!

Just reading this reminds me of the perils of download from the internet. This is why Cyberlink should, nay MUST, offer ALL its product on installation discs. It(the installation disc, be it CD or DVD) is by far the safest, most reliable method of programme installation.

Cheers!

Neil
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Edit: just noticed this is an old thread so deleted my reply (wish I could delete the whole post!).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 11. 2016 18:07

Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Edit: just noticed this is an old thread so deleted my reply (wish I could delete the whole post!).

Hi, Mike!

I didn't look at the date when I replied to this post. I I had seen the date, I wouldn't have bothered replying as it should've been resolved last year....... Whoops!

Cheers!

Neil.