CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Delete blue halo in recording
Reply to this topic
david445 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
My recent ballet event recording does have a horrible blue halo in some clips.

Probably due to blue ambient illumination it's anyway really horrible to see, I attach a capture where can be seen really good on the skirt.

Any way to delete it?
 Filename
Blue glow.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
82 time(s)
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Private Message Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 4824 Offline
[Post New]
I am not sure that you are askling the question correctly. You can selectively replace a color in any area using an advanced editor. The blue spotlight on the dancer is an effect that the production company wanted.

In PD, highlight the clip. Click Fix/Enhance, Click White Balance. Use the Color temp sliders or the White calibration eyedropper to select a white spot in the clip. Check the skin tone to make sure it is still acceptable to you.

Let us know if this helps.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Private Message Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 5971 Offline
[Post New]
When colored lights are used it can wreak havoc with cameras' white balance, also affecting the clarity/focus of the shot. I imagine this chaos is even worse with low-rung cameras and small-sensor camera phones. tomasc gave you the best possible chance to minimize the issue in post, but it's best to get a better camera and practice with it.
Last year just before I set out to "tape" a music video at a club, I went down the street from where I live and quietly practiced on a restaurant. The place has lights that shine on the facade, they change color/hue every minute or so, and I did this at night (of course). It proved to be a worthy endeavor when it was time to record the band. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)/Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/7,200rpm/w10x64---
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5. Analog tape capture equipment.
https://www.facebook.com/B-Gill-Cyber-Studio-609762572849441
david445 [Avatar]
Member Private Message Joined: Oct 30, 2012 05:28 Messages: 129 Offline
[Post New]
Yes the recording was made with a consumer camera, so the unwanted effect can come from this .

I can of course enhance color but the halo or glow effect (didn't know the right English term) it's still here.

There is no way to remove it selectively I suppose.
Reply to this topic