Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Reverse a particle effect
Joseph31 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2015 23:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Is there any way to reverse an effect. IE: I have a particle effect that should count down but it counts up. Is there anyway to reverse this to make it count down.
[Post New]
Are you looking for the "Time Stamp" effect to get a counter?
It can do a count down. Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
Joseph31 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 24, 2015 23:52 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, basically that's what I want to do. Having a count down from 5 -1. I will try the time stamp effect to see if that's what I'm looking for. Thanks so much for your quick reply.

Joe
optodata
Senior Contributor Location: California, USA Joined: Sep 16, 2011 16:04 Messages: 8630 Offline
[Post New]
If that doesn't work, or you want to use it on a different effect, just place the effect on the timeline and produce it normally. Import the produced video and place it in the timeline then use the Power Tools|Video in Reverse button. You may want to use the Chroma Key to make the black background transparent so the main clip will be visible behind the backwards effect.

EKSVid's approach is the easiest way, though wink

YouTube/optodata

DS365 | Win11 Pro | Ryzen 9 3950X | RTX 4070 Ti | 32GB RAM | 10TB SSDs | 5K+4K HDR monitors

Canon Vixia GX10 (4K 60p) | HF G30 (HD 60p) | Yi Action+ 4K | 360Fly 4K 360°