Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transitions on Subtitles
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Re: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41741.page#224657

Dafydd -

Nobody in that thread was "promoting third party software". JoeO mentioned it because it was something with which he was familiar. Every contributor to that thread was trying to help others understand the difference between titles and subtitles, so that they might more correctly use PowerDirector.

You may have been referring specifcally to JoeO, but that was unstated. Even though he "hijacked" the thread, he was simply trying to do, in PDR, what he was able to do in other software.

I'm posting here because I was about to confirm Gary's finding about text & subtitles. It would seem there was confusion about the terms, as pointed out by optodata.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Unfortunately it was still a hijacked thread and you were participating in the hijack (taking over an already answered OP's question). The OP's question had been answered back in December.

Rather than jump in and participate in the situation I would have hoped you or any other member could have guided the new member to move to a new topic earlier on or as you could have, initiated a new topic your self.

This is a simple management of the forum issue. A new topic should have been started for the new user's post.

Regarding the third party software - looks to me he wanted to compare and seek input where members were to try out and discuss. Bordering on promoting/advertising.

Dafydd

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
I don't come to this forum and check the dates of postings, nor should I be expected to. I come here to learn from what others post, look at questions & issues & attempt to contribute in whatever way I can, as I and others did in that thread.

The locked thread was hijacked, certainly. It also suffered from confusion in terms. When people are confused about what words mean & how they're applied, that creates unnecessary issues.

Unfortunately, your definition and application of the words "advertise" & "promote" don't even "border on" being close to any dictionary I've seen. That creates unnecessary confusion.

http://www.onelook.com/?w=advertise&ls=a

http://www.onelook.com/?w=promote&ls=a

Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The thread was hijacked and that was the reason it was locked.

The forum has been successfully managed to encourage new members to post new topics so the Original Poster receives an answer. Due to the nature of video editing, details are requested and threads can get quite long. However the focus is, the OP gets answered in their own thread.

I'm surprise at your continued reaction.

Following your previous actions with multiple PM's to me and the tone you took then, leading to CyberLink contacting you. I will not be responding to you further.

Dafydd