Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
A forum outside of Cyperlink's control for leaving reviews
Rondalee1 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 12, 2015 19:03 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
Is anyone aware of a site where someone can leave a review?

I have had it with their slow and inconclusive customer service. All they want is to nickel and dime everyone for a product we have all paid good money for....like premium phone support....like extended download of software you have already purchased. They are on my shi! list along with other corporate greed mongers. People need to know what kind of company they are dealing with before buying their product.
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Extended download service? Geez, I've NEVER paid for that because I've never purchased it. I have always felt it was MY responsibility to properly archive whatever I purchase and download, so that if I ever have to reinstall I can do so easily. If anyone cannot safely archive their downloads, well, they've always got the option of paying for an extended download service.

I'm not aware of any major software company which does NOT charge for premium phone support, but likewise, I've never needed it. Especially with such terrific user-to-user support forums such as this one.

If you are having a problem with the software, have you tried posting a question here to see if someone can help? There are a lot of really helpful and knowledgeable folks here (not me... I'm a beginner with video).

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.
Salamand3r [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 14, 2015 20:41 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
If it's a legitimate complaint, the BBB is a good place to visit. Otherwise, you can leave reviews on cnet, Newegg's product page, and most sites that do reviews have a user comment section. Heck, you've got some decent video editing software - use it to post a video review on Youtube or your service of choice.

Keep in mind that if people do not agree with your opinions, many of these venues are unmoderated, or at least lightly moderated - you will be flamed.

The advantage of a moderated forum like this one is that you can voice your concerns in a friendly, pleasant manner (mostly) without fear of emotional damage from trolls.

The community here seems great, and from the perusing that I have done since purchasing (quite satisfied so far, by the way) in these forums, I don't see any heavy handed banhammering or crazy censorship of people's legitimate issues.

Hope you get your issues settled, good luck.

Edit: If you have the patience for it, you could go to reddit as well.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2015 14:37

Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 case | Ultra X4 850W PSU | Asrock Fatal1ty Killer 990FX | AMD FX8320@4.7gHz | Coolermaster Nepton 240m | 2x HIS R9 290 GPUs | 24gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600mHz DDR3 | OCZ ARC 100 480gb SSD | Various WD Black and Seagate drives to the tune of ~20tb | I have been building systems for over 16 years, however my opinions can be and sometimes are incorrect. Please, call me out if I say something asinine.
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
http://www.sitejabber.com/ .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
As a NEWBIE, my experience is limited but Support has responded to all my PD12 and 13 problems and experienced users on the forum have taken time to explain all other issues.

Giving the product a bad review might vent some steam and make you feel better but I doubt it will solve your problems.

If you think Cyberlink is bad - try Windows Support! Since DOS I have upgraded to every version of windows released to date hoping it would be better. Vista was the worst and now I'm hoping Win 10 might answer my prayers.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 16. 2015 06:33

Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer