Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scene Detection and RichVideo do not work
Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2015 20:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I star a new discussion with the same topic so that I can upload the mpg file. Here it is.
 Filename
Clip 1, Paris.mpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
108102 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
115 time(s)
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I star a new discussion with the same topic so that I can upload the mpg file. Here it is.
I downloaded your clip. after loading in Powerdirector 13, right click > Detect Scenes.
[Thumb - Scene detection.PNG]
 Filename
Scene detection.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
Scene detect Powerdirector 13
 Filesize
133 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
57 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 15. 2015 11:06

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Re: RichVideo

Does the program ask you to install Rich Video everytime you start the program? Watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3FDGR9Oeow .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Carl312. I tried to do the same, but again Scene Detection does not work on this particular file (it works on some others) on my PC.

Hi stevek. No the program does not ask me to install Rich Video. Anyway, I followed the instructions in the link and Rich Video is running on my PC.

Since PD13 worked flawlessly on my PC a few months ago, I guess I should try to fully remove and then reinstall PD13. I tried it already once, but maybe I failed to remove PD completely. Any suggestion?
[Post New]
I had multiple issues with Scene Detection also.

I find PD caches the info - so if you had issues on one run and you try to do it again (it keeps the results from the first time).
You can rename the clip if you want to try it again (that forces PD to do the Scene Detection again) since it has nothing cached for that "new named clip".

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I am still struggling with scene detection. Today, as an experiment, I tried to render a short clip (just 4 photos). First I used MPEG-2 format and, just like earlier in the last couple of weeks, scene detection does not work on the mpg file, and PD displays an error message (the same than earlier) when I try to load it or play it. However, if I choose the AVI format, everything works like a charm.

Have you experienced anything like this before?
[Post New]
Scene Detection has a bunch of issues with DV-AVI.
See my post
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/42621.page
That has been confirmed as an issue by Cyberlink Support.

Are you doing scene detection on the load screen or once it is imported into the project?
I will try your mpg - see if it works for me.

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
[Post New]
Did a quick test.
I choose the scene detection option on the load screen.
Video loaded fine and 5 scenes where detected.

I'm sure that is not what you want (since you have many more scenes in this clip).

The reason it will not detect the scenes proper is that you have fades between your clips - scene detection will have issues finding those, since it is looks for a jump between the images (dramatic change between one scene and the next) and a fade makes it look a continuation.