Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Photo Director 5 and 6 - whats the difference please?
[Post New]
Hi I hope this is the right forum. I'm a bit fed up because I have bought Photo Director 5 at the photography show, I haven't opened the box yet but I've now discovered that the software has been superseded by Photo Director 6. I have also now been told I could have got it free from Practical photography, which I didn't know about. I thought I was getting a bargain, well I guess not. frown

Can anyone tell me if there is much difference between version five and six please? If there is, I'll buy the newer version and sell the unboxed one. All women can do great things.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
There are three levels (builds) of PhotoDirector. Which one do you have and want to compare?

I suspect that the freebie is an OEM (cut down version) that would not even be listed on the site.

Here is a comparison of V 5 and 6 builds.
http://www.cyberlink.com/products/photodirector-suite/compare-phd5_en_US.html

EDIT. If the freebie is an OEM, then it has fewer features than anyhting listed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2015 09:39

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
Hello thanks for your reply. I have Ultra V 5, am running it on Windows 7.

Hope that helps All women can do great things.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hello thanks for your reply. I have Ultra V 5, am running it on Windows 7.

Hope that helps

And what about the freebie?

I thought that you had not opened the box for PhotoDirector 5 ! sealed Please be accurate and honest. frown .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
[Post New]
Sorry the freebie was in the Amateur photographer magazine which I had not bought.

I paid for the full version from the Cyberlink stand at the photography show in March. All women can do great things.
[Post New]
Hello Louise,

Welcome to the PhD forum laughing

stevek has already linked a table comparing PhD 5 & 6. Version 6 did add some new/enhanced features which are noted on that page. Given that you've already invested in PhD 5, & PhD 7 will be released later this year, you just need to weigh up whether a further investment is needed smile

They're the essential differences. One thing that table does not show is the compatibility with RAW files. This may or may not be relevant to you, but PhD 6 is more likely to be compatible with RAW files from more recent cameras.

Steve - I tried to check out the "freebie" at Practical Photography but I could not navigate my way through it to locate a redeem code (ncessary to download the software), so I'm unable to confirm whether it was a full version or not.

PIX

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 11. 2015 15:12

PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Hi I have upgraded to six now through the site. Will I be able to upgrade to seven when the time comes?

All women can do great things.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Hi I have upgraded to six now through the site. Will I be able to upgrade to seven when the time comes?

Sure for some more $$$. .
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply. I don't do $ only £. The programme is very slow on Windows 7, why is this please? All women can do great things.
stevek
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your reply. I don't do $ only £. The programme is very slow on Windows 7, why is this please?

Where do yo notice the slowness? Are all your images on an internal drive or on a USB or other connected drive?

We know that you are uisng W7 but tell us more about your computer.

Go here and provide a Part B diagnosis. The only private thing in the text is what you call your computer:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page .
[Post New]
Hi it's when loading photos from a folder after using import. They are on my hard drive, not a stick.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 13. 2015 09:05

All women can do great things.