Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
splitting and cutting videos
agrafton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 15:59 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
I have had PD's 8,10, 11, 12 and now 13....love them all, well finally found something I haven't seen or tried. When

editing a video and I split and sometimes delete part of the recent split and may cut the other part and enter in the video

down the line. Can you cut a piece of video and save it for future use? Maybe later in that session or several days later.

Hope that made since...

Thanks, Alan
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I have had PD's 8,10, 11, 12 and now 13....love them all, well finally found something I haven't seen or tried. When

editing a video and I split and sometimes delete part of the recent split and may cut the other part and enter in the video

down the line. Can you cut a piece of video and save it for future use? Maybe later in that session or several days later.

Hope that made since...

Thanks, Alan
In Powerdirector 12 and Powerdirector 13 you can use the orange range selection and Produce Range.

That creates a separate video of the selected range.

It takes more actions in the earlier Powerdirectors. It can be done. By copy a range, File > new Work Space > Paste. Produce that section. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Yes, it make sense. Simply leave your computer on for several days and stop using PD. You can paste whatever later assuming that you did use cut and not delete or remove. One of my pc is on 24/7 and I may not work on a video project until the next day.
playvideo [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2011 08:09 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry error

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 07. 2015 22:29

[Post New]
agraftonCan

you cut a piece of video and save it for future use?

Case 1 - Save a part of everything on the timeline.

Select with yellow sliding whatever save video, Produce Range button

Case 2 - Save only part of a track (any range), Disable all other tracks, Select with yellow sliding whatever save video, Produce Range button.

Case 3 - Select one or more objects that you want to save, Press Ctrl + C (Copy)Go to a clean area of the timeline, Press Ctrl + V (Paste)

Select with yellow slide, Produce Range button.

Carl312 came 1st.
But I Decided to leave my answer has one detail

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 07. 2015 20:13

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
agrafton [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 30, 2009 15:59 Messages: 17 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks everyone, that worked and it sure is going to make it easier and faster for me.

Alan